Childcare costs when mobilised!

Anyone know if there is a ceiling on the amount you can claim for childcare costs when mobilised? My wife is a nurse and works shifts i.e. 07:00 to 20:00 and 18:00 to 02:00 including weekends. This means I need a carer that can do long unsocial hours ( local Nurseries not interested due to weird shift times ) and I have been quoted £300 per week ( for 40 hours mostly after 6pm and weekends looking after a 14 month old ) ! Is this reasonable?

snornin said:
Anyone know if there is a ceiling on the amount you can claim for childcare costs when mobilised? My wife is a nurse and works shifts i.e. 07:00 to 20:00 and 18:00 to 02:00 including weekends. This means I need a carer that can do long unsocial hours ( local Nurseries not interested due to weird shift times ) and I have been quoted £300 per week ( for 40 hours mostly after 6pm and weekends looking after a 14 month old ) ! Is this reasonable?
Would you do it for £300?

nope, just the same as when a regular is deployed, incl lone parents, the costs fall to the individual.

http://www.sabre.mod.uk/output/Page61.asp#Other_expenses

The expenses for which you can claim are:

* costs for care of a dependent child
* costs for care of a dependent relative
* costs for care of a pet, excluding veterinary costs
* extra insurance for leaving your own home empty
* essential maintenance on your own home
Doesn't say if there's a limit to the claim though, and what is meant by 'dependent' child....?