Child returning to UK from oversea to start Uni

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by smarty384, Aug 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Many thanks one and all

2. Do universities accept children?

3. The bright ones, yes. List of child prodigies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alexander Faludy (born 1983), an English student, is a former child prodigy who in 1998 became the youngest undergraduate at the University of Cambridge since 1773.

4. You know what, you're going to hate yourself for posting that...

Child Prodigy

and of course...

Brainbox

and now me for pointing this out!

5. I presume the child is over 18 therfore taxpayers money should not be wasted on a jolly for her parents to accompany her to UNI.

6. School Children Visits.
    School Children's Visits (SCVs) at public expense are provided to enable children to be reunited with Service parents during the school holidays irrespective of whether they are serving in the UK or abroad. Parents eligibility is that service personnel must be serving married accompanied or, if separated/divorced or widowed, have care and control of the children. Children's eligibility is that the child must be unmarried, undergoing full time education. The qualifying duration of the visit is 7 days.

For children in primary or secondary education up to the age of 19, three return visits per academic year at public expense subject to parental contribution.

Children in full time tertiary or studying for a first degree course and aged up to 25 are entitled to 1 visit per academic year.

CEAS can provide further information if required.

7. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Don't you just love the quality of research and advice on arrse?

8. I may not be much help...but I would back the quality of my research against all comers.

[​IMG] Sufiah Yusof, St Hilda's College Oxford...

9. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

You may have a point there. I knew I should have gone to Oxford. Suffer the little children, hey?