Chilcot - Campbell Spins Again

In what appears to to be a rehash of old denials, stonewalling and denegration of honourable men,
Alastair Campbell took 5 hours of questions still denying that the 2002 dossier had been "sexed-up".
Alastair Campbell rejects claim WMD dossier was 'sexed up'

It would be interesting to hear LISpace's take on today's proceedings considering his experience with matters in question.

previously from

General Sir Michael Rose thinks B'Liars a war criminal
LISpace said:
Whet said:
LISpace said:
Whet said:
LISpace said:
The JIC reports did retain most of the caveats from the source intelligence. It was No 10 that removed them when compiling the dodgy dossier, and in crafting the various statements that Blair made in Parliament.

The JIC reports did make an appearance in the Iraq Debate, but I noted that when quoting from them Blair would stop before he arrived at the caveats.

But they still signed off against the dodgy dossier??

JIC are all WAR CRIMINALS ! ! !
The JIC did NOT authorise or endorse the dodgy (ie Feb 03) dossier.

Really?

Now what I thought happened was that Campbell saw a draft of the JIC report, he asent it back with suggested changes.The JIC agreed with the changes and signed of against the new report.
Not the Feb 03 dossier. You are thinking of the Sept 02 dossier.

A

ALVIN

Nobody is going to belive a word this man says anymore, this is because it's all smoke and mirror's bull that comes out of it's hole.
Campbell is a total waste of space. (and tax payers money)
I would like to have him sent to the front line and engage him in hand to hand combat to introduce him to the real world. 8)

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Let's use the proper words - it's not 'spin', it's 'Lies'.

He was not on Oath, so he could lie quite happily.

Would anyone, anywhere, believe that man if he told them black was black and white was white?

OldSnowy said:
Would anyone, anywhere, believe that man if he told them black was black and white was white?
Not without an optometrist on hand. Even then, I'd probably chalk it up to coincidence, the man's a professional journalist FFS!

A

ALVIN

OldSnowy said:
Let's use the proper words - it's not 'spin', it's 'Lies'.

He was not on Oath, so he could lie quite happily.

Agreed, bet he used to lie a lot as a child! :wink:

Whet said:
So which sexed up dossier were they refering to today?
Read the transcript yourself and find out. Or do you expect others to do it for you?

Edited to add. Of course, since you have so much difficulty understanding basic written English, I can see your dilemma.

ALVIN said:
Nobody is going to belive a word this man says anymore, this is because it's all smoke and mirror's bull that comes out of it's hole.
Campbell is a total waste of space. (and tax payers money)
I would like to have him sent to the front line and engage him in hand to hand combat to introduce him to the real world. 8)

To be fair there probably isn't any HARD evidence that shows he did manipulate the dossier. So he can probably get away with it.

However, when Iraq – its infrastructure of concealment, deception and intimidation was released it was in word format. Anyone with an 'original' copy can use the MS Word functions to see who who the last few people to edit the dossier were:

Paul Hamill - Foreign Office official
John Pratt - Downing Street official
Alison Blackshaw - The personal assistant of the Prime Minister's press secretary - Campbell
Murtaza Khan - Junior press officer for the Prime Minister

And this article may be of interest surronding the plagerism that occured in the dossiers and is rather amusing:

MERIA Article said:
If I may be permitted a humorous note, perhaps the world and the Middle East would be a better place if more governments used MERIA articles to explain current developments and inform their people.
http://meria.idc.ac.il/british-govt-plagiarizes-meria.html

edited to add one extra detail

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Did anyone expect the puppet master general to roll over and state it was all lies?

But Iraq's a better place and we should be proud of what we did

Bet the Iraqi's are crying tears of gratitude 24 hours a day for us invading them

Latest Threads