Chieftan - 05 EB 17

Discussion in 'RAC' started by sTAb_Cav, May 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bit of a long shot I know.

I was just posting here on the off chance that anyone that stumbles across these pages either has or would know anyone that would have any pictures or history on this vehicle in the title. It is currently a gate guardian and hoping that the reg number isn't just a made up one for the sake of it or some kind of decommisioned vehicle reg number.

Thanks in advance for any constructive replies.

2. Thought this might help bhttp://www.mafva.net/other%20pages/VRNARMY.docut I've just checked it and it doesn't, sorry.

3. Gate guardian where?

4. 05 EB 17 was built at Leeds and was a gate guard with Vickers Defence Systems. They acquired two on for Newcastle and one for Leeds. The Newcastle one was replaced some time ago by a Challenger 2 (V9 Prototype)
    The one at Leeds was removed when the factory closed. I am sure both vehicles last served with the 4/7 Dragoon Guards. Where have you seen this vehicle?

5. Smudge67er, I think my first post on this site was trying to find out what happened to 14EA05(439) any ideas, mate ?

6. No idea???

7. It's at a Yeomanry TA centre in Telford.

Thanks for the info so far.

8. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

9. Brilliant! Is she hospitable?

10. Depends if you hit her hard enough?

11. Telford, eh.
    I wonder who got the contract for building all those Fcuking Roundabouts, job for life there,
    almost as bad as MK, 'sept the Cows are real in Telford.

Once saw a field full of Cvrt's, are they still there?

12. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Of course. She's only just left hospital with a baby of her own. :)

13. It's not that bad.

The field full of Cvrt's near the depot has gone. It's now a rail freight terminal/train park.