Chieftains by Bob Forrest Webb

I heard about this book whilst lurking on a thread here and have found it and am bidding for it on ebay. If its anyone here bidding against me then please pm and we can arrange a reading sharing thing and go half on the final cost.

Cheers

30 quid is a hell of a lot to pay for what looks like a rather thin paperback!

I'm afraid that I still remember the lessons provided by the Moral Development ITD and I still try to apply them in my daily life. As such, I will have to report you to ebay as an abuser of the system. Moral courage and all that. Stand by.

I really would've gone halves with you, you know...

Obviously been screwed over on to too many rounds in the rupert's mess....

Chuffing hell, I was talking about this book a couple of days ago! Have you seen the prices on the tinterweb? £100+ on most sites. Futura publishing was the original publishers which has now merged with Blackwell. Must be one hell of a book!

£72 - very nice :D

gentleman_bastard said:
I heard about this book whilst lurking on a thread here and have found it and am bidding for it on ebay. If its anyone here bidding against me then please pm and we can arrange a reading sharing thing and go half on the final cost.

Cheers

30 quid is a hell of a lot to pay for what looks like a rather thin paperback!

I read this when it first came out and I was in BAOR, it's a good book, I thought some of it was a little iffy but, that's always the problem when someone who does the job day in day out tries comparing it to their experience. Seriously, I'm sure you'll enjoy it, I did.
If you've not read my 'Armoured Farmer' book (that's only £9.95 + P&P - No auctions), please do, hopefully you'll enjoy that too.
However, I'm hopeful that when I eventually finish my second tome....Armoured Farmer - Return of the Jelly, it'll supercede Chieftains as I'm taking my old unit to war - in Chieftains - against the Russian Bear. So, it's got much more fact in it but, with some humour too.