• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Chieftain engine bay shots

#1
I am looking for some good clear shots of the engine bay with all 3 major components fitted and any with any of them or all removed. A good chance to browse through your photis boxes. If you have any and would be prepared to share could you please bang across on email.

Many thanks in anticipation :D :D
 
#2
Why pray tell? I still have nightmares about the Bank of Three, the Rootes Blower, its cyclonic element and the least said about the Centrifugal filter the better!
 

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
#4
Ask this question on www.hmvf.co.uk : I am there is someone there who keeps a Chieftain. If not (wrong again), somebody will put you in touch with a military vehicle nut who DOES have a Chieftain, and better, the engine bay will be clean and sparkling. I keep telling them that clean and sparkling is just WRONG with military vehicles, but do they listen?
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#5
Contact, sorry, get in touch with Helston Gunsmiths. They've got a couple of wagons outside their front doors in proper, true-to-life, decks-in-the-air gash order. I'm sure they'll happily send you some snaps.
 
#6
Hoochie said:
Why pray tell? I still have nightmares about the Bank of Three, the Rootes Blower, its cyclonic element and the least said about the Centrifugal filter the better!
Trying to help a guy who is recreating Chieftain and all internals at 1/35 scale. I never bothered taking any of thta sort of shot hence the request.
 
#7
cloudbuster said:
Contact, sorry, get in touch with Helston Gunsmiths. They've got a couple of wagons outside their front doors in proper, true-to-life, decks-in-the-air gash order. I'm sure they'll happily send you some snaps.
Never found them very helpful, when i was doing the Chieftain book they did not want to know or help. Those 3 must have been thre for a long time now.
 
C

cloudbuster

Guest
#8
commander said:
cloudbuster said:
Contact, sorry, get in touch with Helston Gunsmiths. They've got a couple of wagons outside their front doors in proper, true-to-life, decks-in-the-air gash order. I'm sure they'll happily send you some snaps.
Never found them very helpful, when i was doing the Chieftain book they did not want to know or help. Those 3 must have been thre for a long time now.
Was over there a few weeks back, and they're looking shocking. I guess the novelty value has worn off.
 
R

rogermellie

Guest
#9
commander said:
I am looking for some good clear shots of the engine bay with all 3 major components fitted and any with any of them or all removed. A good chance to browse through your photis boxes. If you have any and would be prepared to share could you please bang across on email.

Many thanks in anticipation :D :D
Feel free to contact via pm as i have an ARRV at work if you would like to come an take some snaps!! ( or i could take some for you, i,m crap with a camera though)


Regards,

RM
 
#11
commander said:
I am looking for some good clear shots of the engine bay with all 3 major components fitted and any with any of them or all removed. A good chance to browse through your photis boxes. If you have any and would be prepared to share could you please bang across on email.

Many thanks in anticipation :D :D
Bob mate
Sorry, mislaid your email address............this what you're after..............Mk3 G complete with rads in stowed position and .50 still fitted?

edited to increase picture size
 
#12
Have you tried the Osprey Publishing book 'Chieftain Main Battle Tank'. I have a copy somewhere and I'm sure there are some engine bay pics in there.
 

Latest Threads