Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chieftain Bins.

I volunteer at a group restoring a Chieftain Mk10 with Stillbrew, the current external turret bins are knackered, rotted through. Should anyone have any knowledge of where abouts of any for sale or a deal please let me know or FB group Chieftain 03 EB 39 Restoration Group.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'd try Historic Military Vehicle Forum. Ferret bins and mudguards have been like rocking horse droppings for decades. Somebody there makes good copies. Maybe there's a similar demand for Chieftain bins.

I'd try Historic Military Vehicle Forum. Ferret bins and mudguards have been like rocking horse droppings for decades. Somebody there makes good copies. Maybe there's a similar demand for Chieftain bins.
The guy who runs the group, has lots of contacts probably knows of them. We’ve got a sister restoration group called Battlegroup Raydon. This team are restoring a Saladin, Saracen, Stollie, Austin Champ and Bedford MJ.

FEASG

LE
There are two on Longmore training area that were in quite good nick last time I saw them. take you spanners for a night nave ex. One by the bridge and another by the Fibua village

Engine from the Champ being rebuilt/restored. He’s doing a superb job.
4A66F7FF-F8D5-4475-B392-8401734A0996.jpeg

ericferret

War Hero
Going cross country from Salamanca Barracks to Soest airfield (Circa 1975) to work having missed the duty transport I came across a small stand of trees. Slightly curious I diverted through the trees. In the centre was a large hole
probably for a dug in tank and a metal bin assembly, the sort of thing you'd find on the back of a Panzer IV,
was lying to one side.

Probably still there. A story lost in time I have always thought.

Google earth shows the trees still to be there.
Two field north west of parkplatz Lohner Klei.
About a third of the way from the old barracks to the airfield.

Last edited:

arfah

LE

And for a Brucie Bonus...

I watched an episode of Find it, fix it, flog it, and they chopped up a brand new looking Chieftain bin and turned it into a facking gopping table, or some other wonky shyt

Latest Threads