chieftain arrv vrns

did you know that there is a full list of all the chieftain arrvs that the reme had including the dates that they had them and where they were at the time theyhad them as i have put them on the reccy mech pnp website i hope they jog someones memory
regards00eb85

Fugly

LE
DirtyBAT
Jesus fcuking wept.

This is the ELEVENTH thread you have opened on the same bloody subject!!!

Also, have you heard of punctuation?

Dullard.

00eb85 said:
did you know that there is a full list of all the chieftain arrvs that the reme had including the dates that they had them and where they were at the time theyhad them as i have put them on the reccy mech pnp website i hope they jog someones memory
regards00eb85
i was part of the project team that shipped them off to sunny Jordan, i have no paperwork now as i am out of the army, if you contacted the Disposal Sales Agency they may give you a record of all VRN's that were sent to Jordan. If you PM me i'll give you the name of the guy in DSA that dealt wih it.

Always thought the term ARRV came in during the Challenger deployment.
Before this the humble ARV was the order of the day.
TB

Fugly said:
Thank you.

Cockend.
FFS leave the guy alone. Lots of people can't spell or punctuate, it doesn't mean they can't enjoy this site. Lowest of the fucken low to start correcting someone's grammar on a squaddy website.

Also, he's new so cut him some slack. He can open as many threads as he wants - if you don't like it you don't have to post on them. I mean, since when did MODS appoint you as the fucken thread police?

Tytus_Barnowl said:
TB
The REME Cheiftain varients were classified as ARV's, Armoured Recovery Vehicles in the early days. They were re classified as ARRV's Armoured Repair and Recovery Vehicles when they had an Atlas crane fitted.

i dont know when this happened exactly, some boffins on here will know no doubt

ArmySurplusSpecial said:
Tytus_Barnowl said:
TB
The REME Cheiftain varients were classified as ARV's, Armoured Recovery Vehicles in the early days. They were re classified as ARRV's Armoured Repair and Recovery Vehicles when they had an Atlas crane fitted.

i dont know when this happened exactly, some boffins on here will know no doubt
The ARRV's appeared when a regt. changed from chieftain => Chally. A 432 'Tiffy bus' & 2 ARRV's made up the fitter section.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
StumpyHussar RAC 6
commander RAC 2
commander RAC 47