chieftain....almost the end of an era

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by G_O_D_is_Armoured, Oct 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seeing as most of the chieftains are now parked up...retired, and more than likely destined for a life as targets on the ranges, i thought id add a few recent pics that ive taken...Recently i was up at Ashchurch obtaining some well needed spares for the 4x remaining vehicles in service, 2x AVRE and 2x AVLB

Few Pics of the retired vehicles at Depot awaiting Disposal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i thought for those that have spent a many a sleepless night doing pack lifts may have some good ol pics to post

Tommorow on the Firepower Demonstration at Warminster, the last Python shoot (trg) done with the AVRE, will take place.......its last possible fascine drop was done on Wednesday!

AVRE 01EB21 on its penultimate Python Shoot (Today 10/10/07)

[​IMG]

the 4 chieftains left @ warminster are due to be retired in the new year

2. Dirty smelly bits of kits,which leaked oil, chugged along like they were on 60 a day, still thought they were great though. (id crosspost this onto RAC forum btw)

3. magic wagons,,,,

4. looks like its the old in with the new in your first pic, as it looks like a Titan or a Trojan in the centre of the pic.
    In the 2nd two pictures Chieftain doing what it does best, leaking!

5. Is that livers with a tear in his eye in the first pic 8O :?

6. yup there is a Titan and trojan also at ashchurch.... 2 of the trials vehicles

01FD80, was the layer i was on in Op Granby, was so chuffed to find it at Ashchurch

7. Many a fond memory of the smelly things. The AVLB in the above pictures was in my troop during GW1, mine was two up. (82). Which I believe was the last reg for a Mk5 AVLB. I might be a sad git as I have a photo of an AVLB as my background on my works laptop. :oops:

8. then, we were in the same troop! 10

9. 01FD80 was in 10 troop, had the squadron name of "Bonny", i spent many a pleasant night in GW1 sleeping on the boom

81 is also at Ashchurch

10. G_I_A check PM's third one explains best :oops:

11. Definately not mate he hasn't got his Todger in his hand.

12. Holdfast :wink:

distant memories

13. I can't help thinking it's a pity GDav is not here to see this (or is he?)

14. Regards the AVLB, heres some treats i found in my Photo album from Munsterlager

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]