Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chief of the Defence Staff, General Sir Nick Carter launches the Integrated Operating Concept

About f*cking time!

' Competing involves a campaign posture that includes continuous operating on our terms and in places of our choosing. '

Must remember that one, next time the troops find themselves back in the Afghan Plains . . . :rolleyes:

Genius. Pure genius. So basically business as usual but some new buzzwords.

Jesus wept. How long till he’s replaced?
Just before "CarterFuck" enters the OED?

“We think there is a market for a more persistent presence from the British Army in the Far East,” A fecking market FFS...

“If we are going to see a UK presence in the region from Carrier Strike Groups I would like to see some of those naval assets disembarking elements of the British Army for their own training in that part of the world.” In other words, we will get the Navy to give us 6 months free food, accomodation and transport. Cheers easy!

"Its an area which saw a more consistant British military presence in the eighties" Er, yes, maybe because we had a 10,000 strong miitary garrison in Hong Kong who would send company level groups to Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Australia, New Zealand, PNG, Hawai and Fiji for six or seven week exercises, mainly for the field firing which was limited in Hong Kong.

Alas, no Hong Kong and Bugis Street is not what its once was
I believe the USN still has Fenwick Pier in Hong Kong or at least they did a couple of years back. Bugis street was turned into a bus station, food court and a shopping centre years ago. The only nosh you could get there for the last twenty years comes out of a bowl.

Zero mention of how to deal with islamic/ african/ unfriendly migrants arriving in UK, bringing all the delights of their cultures with them?
But let's arrse about sending company sized groups hither and yon at great expense in some vacuous plan to sweep the PLAN from the seas while simultaneously smashing the Russians, neither of whom present any immediate threat to the UK?

LD17

Old-Salt
“If we are going to see a UK presence in the region from Carrier Strike Groups I would like to see some of those naval assets disembarking elements of the British Army for their own training in that part of the world.” In other words, we will get the Navy to give us 6 months free food, accomodation and transport. Cheers easy!
I guess since we went back to 1919 for a pandemic, they went back to Admiral Jacky Fisher for strategy:
The British Army should be a projectile to be fired by the British Navy. Quoted by Admiral 'Jacky' Fisher in Memories p. 18 (1919).

Latest Threads