Chief Goes to Washington

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Chief_Joseph, Sep 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was amazed to receive this in the mail recently
    Apparently I'll be visiting the Pentagon on this little trip. Interesting indeed. Is there anything that any of you would like me to look into when I'm there?
  2. err...your name is Kevin!

that childishness aside, good work fella! :D

Mission: steal something for the ARRSE museum
  3. What do you have in mind? :twisted:
  4. hmmm...this needs to be open to the floor.
  5. Be careful what you sign! Is this like "State Institution of the Month" club? Will you be trying to cancel when your being press-ganged for a 'ridealong' on an ATF raid four months down the line? :D

6. We knew his name was Kevin, but now we know which school he goes to as well!
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Firstly congrats Chief, having read some of your posts it is well deserved.

In regards as to what would look good in the mess trophy room -there is only one option:

The Declaration of Independence
  8. :lol: That may be tough

Perhaps you'll settle for George S Patton's Thompson SMG?

edit: Nevermind, that's at westpoint
  9. The wooden owl.
  10. What's that :?
    Yeah I know, I was chuckling as I read it :wink:
  11. Yeah - was a little OTT.

congrats to the Chief though.. am sure it will be a blast. well maybe not, but you can but hope.
  12. In the open area in the middle of the Pentagon there's an eating area. It's quite nice, actually- very park-like. When the building was first completed they had a problem with sky rats. Accordingly the DOD, in their infinite wisdom, put a contract out to tender to eradicate the problem, worth a few thousand dollars (not an inconsiderable sum in the late 40s/early 50s).

Legend has it that an enterprising 13yr old kid sent in an owl that he carved out of wood to scare the pidgeons away. They put it up, it did the job and the DOD set a new record for the amount paid for a piece of sculpture by someone still in middle school. More importantly, it set a precedent for paying over the odds that continues to this day for every single piece of kit that goes throught the PPBS. :D