Chief constable to retire with immediate effect

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rockape34, Nov 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HERE
    ... odd that this man, well know in this area for strange policing decisions, is investigated for financial irregularities and misuse of police computer systems, but is allowed to resign :mad:
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I hope that allegations of dishonestly are followed up.

I don't care about the " long and successful association with the force."

In no way should he be let off with anything. I take it he is hoping for a more lenient investigation if he goes now. I take it as an early guilty plea.
  3. Was probably all sorted out and squared off over a brandy and a funny handshake at his local lodge meeting.......I jest not! 8O
  4. Why are these beyond the law types allowed to 'retire'. Surely they should be forced to remain in the service until they are dealt with.
    Lets have a coup................................NOW.
  5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He's taken the 'honorable' way out it would seem. I'm glad that the police can deal with crime in such a manner.

"Yes, you've got me square and fair gov., it's a fair cop. So, I'll pack up my swag bag, stop robbing banks and you'll let me off yeah? Great, thanks".
  6. Financial irregularities huh? well who can blame him for going on the fiddle, it must be tough trying to make ends meet on a paltry £117.468 PA.
    Hopefully, this will be investigated further and a more appropriate punishment will be forthcoming.
  7. The Daily Hate mentions inappropriate e-mails to a female member of staff as well as financial irregularities, so I doubt whether Mrs Grange is that chuffed. Prison might be a more peaceful option.
  8. Is it something to do with safeguarding pensions? ISTR that if you are dismissed for "conduct unbecoming" or whatever it is, then your pension is forfit, while if you retire, then your pension is OK?

The UK is not the only place it happens, a Garda Supernetdant was recently allowed to resign before a court case for drink-driving and failing to provide a specimen.
  9. Well Blair started it. He was the first to leg it before being held accountable.
  10. IIRC Terry Grange was the Association of Chief Police Officers' member with responsibility for child protection issues. He infamously suggested that men should not be 'criminalised' for having sex with children as young as 9 years old!

Is there any more information about exactly how he 'misused' police computer systems?
  11. It's not pertinent but he is a former member of the Parachute Regiment.
  12. If he had really taken the honourable way out then we would be reading his obiturary not his retirement speech.
  13. I don't think the IPCC will be letting him off the hook to be honest.
  14. Pah! go back to the old days I say and have ex- ruperts as Chief Constables. They would be perfect, Pimms, drinks parties canapes school fetes that sort of thing. SUUUUPER.