Chief Constable of Avon and Somerset Constabulary to step down

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Not replacing saves a little budget so that's always a naughty trick.

I'm always surprised why in senior roles there is never a first week/last week working together handover. Instead the old bod goes leaving an empty desk and piles of shredded paper and the new bod arrives with folders full of "this is how we did it in the last place" and the wheel turns full circle again with lessons to be learned.
Well, given that the outgoing would only be handing over failure that's probably no bad thing...

Countryboy

Old-Salt
I have it from an informed source that he has gone on a long leave and his deputy, who I am told is a proper street copper, may be running it indefinitely as DCC without promotion or salary or a CC's powers, and will be on her tod as the former CC's wife is her deputy and she has taken a long leave with hubby.
This girl?

I have it from an informed source that he has gone on a long leave and his deputy, who I am told is a proper street copper, may be running it indefinitely as DCC without promotion or salary or a CC's powers, and will be on her tod as the former CC's wife is her deputy and she has taken a long leave with hubby.
At least the Green candidate did not get in as new Crime Commissioner!

Canteen conversation might have been challenging :) and not one second in that cesspit called the Met it would seem.

• Honours Degree in Classics – Magdalen College, Oxford

Latest Threads