• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Chicksands

Quick and easy question. Cant find it either on the Army website or through the search. Phase 2 training at chicksands for OpMI, block leave or not? And if so what month does the summer block leave normally fall in.

Cheers

Summer leave window will probably be late Jul and throughout Aug. However, as mentioned it will depend on when your course runs and the programme, but work on sometime over those two months and it will be block leave as opposed to individual.

We didn't get any leave during the summer if i recall correctly. We had a week off between OPINT and CI, but seeing as CI has been/ is going to be scrapped I don't know if you'll even get that anymore.

Oh yes. I regularly get regaled with tales of the Pontypool Front row , especially when Wales are playing.

Those 3 are basically Royalty up the Pontypool valley.

Oh yes. I regularly get regaled with tales of the Pontypool Front row , especially when Wales are playing.

Those 3 are basically Royalty up the Pontypool valley.

Quite right too, all the old '60's & '70's Welsh teams were Gods, JPR, Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennet, Barry John, oh you've got me started now boyo.

God-They spoil you youngsters nowadays - BLOCK LEAVE? Sheer Bloody Luxury

We got one weeks disembarkation leave at the end of our course, after the Drill and Duties Phase and prior to our posting from Ashford (if we were lucky!)

God-They spoil you youngsters nowadays - BLOCK LEAVE? Sheer Bloody Luxury

We got one weeks disembarkation leave at the end of our course, after the Drill and Duties Phase and prior to our posting from Ashford (if we were lucky!)
Leave, leave- I'll give you leave. Postings announced '...... and Simbo, you're off to Tidworth- be there Monday.' Peals of. laughter from everyone going on two weeks leave watching my doubly disconsolate face.

Only to be followed by 'but you are knocking off the following Friday for six weeks block leave'. Oh, how I laughed.

Latest Threads