Chicksand accommodation

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by tommikka, Aug 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's the drill on accommodation on course at Chicksands,and recommendations for transport?

I've been flagged up for a course as a civvie and possibly unlike some would tend to prefer to stay in the mess for convenience etc and also don't want to blow my training & travel budget on a week in a hotel.

Do they automatically allocate space for accommodation or may they assume civvies winge if they don't get hotel?

Also transport wise I can take the official car but that means depriving everyone else of it for a week. Would I go insane inside all the time if I rely on public transport?

2. Oficers or Sgts Mess?

You want a car, chickers is miles away from anywhere.

3. It would be officers, ta I'll be trying to time it so noone needs transport & I'll take the car

4. The Accm is in my opinion good and If your staying at the Officers Mess you will be in for a picturesque stay. It is an old USAF facility. I would say a car was a must if you are there for any length of time. As its pure isolated.

5. it's heritage is more than just an ex-usaf facility...a 12thC priory for a start!!!

6. Cheers guys