Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Chick Flic comeuppence

Harry_Boomers

War hero
On Sunday I had to bow down to Ms Boomers as it was her turn to choose a DVD.I know what you’re thinking ….but you have to let them have a choice once in a while, otherwise they will just fidget and ask bone questions while you’re trying to watch the Bourne Supremacy.

Anyway Ms Boomers chooses this French Flic called ‘The Longest Engagement’ (Alarm bells started ringing!) and there was no way I was going to get out of watching it ( “ Bah thought I “ ) However Ms Boomers hadn’t fully read the back cover and didn’t realise this film was set during the Battle of the Somme. Bonjour says I , With some fantastic battle scenes Interspersed with flash back action of troops humping prostitutes it was Fantastic! I had a great afternoon.

My Recommended film of the week .

Harry_Boomers said:
On Sunday I had to bow down to Ms Boomers as it was her turn to choose a DVD.I know what you’re thinking ….but you have to let them have a choice once in a while, otherwise they will just fidget and ask bone questions while you’re trying to watch the Bourne Supremacy.

Anyway Ms Boomers chooses this French Flic called ‘The Longest Engagement’ (Alarm bells started ringing!) and there was no way I was going to get out of watching it ( “ Bah thought I “ ) However Ms Boomers hadn’t fully read the back cover and didn’t realise this film was set during the Battle of the Somme. Bonjour says I , With some fantastic battle scenes Interspersed with flash back action of troops humping prostitutes it was Fantastic! I had a great afternoon.

Boomers - I saw this with Frau Foz at the flicks earlier this year. A superb piece of cinema I thought. The battle scenes are excellent. The bit with the balloon and the UXO in the field hospital still makes me squirm.

fozzy said:
Harry_Boomers said:

Boomers - I saw this with Frau Foz at the flicks earlier this year. A superb piece of cinema I thought. The battle scenes are excellent. The bit with the balloon and the UXO in the field hospital still makes me squirm.

Yeah I would quite liked to have seen it on the big screen.

If there are any Great War Historians out there, I would be very interested to know if French soldiers court marshalled for self mutilation were actually sent over the top with out their weapons?

Not seen the film, but had a thoroughly good time reading 'Birdsong' by Sebastien Faulks. Lots of trench warfare, and a bit of trench love too!

the_tash said:
Not seen the film, but had a thoroughly good time reading 'Birdsong' by Sebastien Faulks. Lots of trench warfare, and a bit of trench love too!

That book still haunts me..

On a bit of a WW1 thing at the moment. Currently reading Prof Holmes's most excellent "Tommy". Cracking read. His affection for Mr Atkins just leaps from each page. Lots of myths put to bed too. Highly recommended

Does anyone have an opinion on that Da Vinci Code - new film coming out next year. Programme was on about it last night.

I usually get two dvd's, chick flick and the " real one ", her dvd goes on first large brandy and coke each and settle down, 10 mins later she's titsup and dribbling on settee chick flick off my dvd in and settle down for peace and quiet and no idiot questions

bomb_mac said:
I usually get two dvd's, chick flick and the " real one ", her dvd goes on first large brandy and coke each and settle down, 10 mins later she's titsup and dribbling on settee chick flick off my dvd in and settle down for peace and quiet and no idiot questions

I tried that, but she came back with " Butt banging hitch hiking whore's isnt a chick flic" granted theres not much romance in it but it does have chick in it was my reply........... Im still recovering from being hit with a Cricket bat!