Chiana Pres visits Cuba

The BBC has just reported that the President of the Chinese repuplic is visiting Cuba.
Oil deal and finance for the new offshore oil fields ?
john

hahaha!! yes, the beginings of 'Cold Wars 2', the spams are getting surrounded.

but seriously, yep, this is the beginning of the cuban oil industry, plobly the major reason that the spams had embargoed them in the first place, a new world oil source that they didnt control, with chavez's antics added as well i bet theres some long night chats going on in the pentagon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7733811.stm

President Hu Jintao of China has arrived in Cuba - his second visit since 2004 - aiming to promote economic ties with the Caribbean island.
He was warmly greeted at Havana's airport by a dragon dance and members of the local Cuban Chinese community.
China is now Cuba's biggest trading partner after Venezuela, with bilateral trade at $2.3bn (£1.5bn) in 2007.
China has seen its trade with Latin American nations climb from $13bn in 2000 to more than $100bn in 2007.
"My visit is aimed at increasing friendship and co-operation between our two nations, and working together with our Cuban comrades to build a promising future," Mr Hu said in a statement.

DrStealth said:
hahaha!! yes, the beginings of 'Cold Wars 2', the spams are getting surrounded.

but seriously, yep, this is the beginning of the cuban oil industry, plobly the major reason that the spams had embargoed them in the first place, a new world oil source that they didnt control, with chavez's antics added as well i bet theres some long night chats going on in the pentagon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7733811.stm

President Hu Jintao of China has arrived in Cuba - his second visit since 2004 - aiming to promote economic ties with the Caribbean island.
He was warmly greeted at Havana's airport by a dragon dance and members of the local Cuban Chinese community.
China is now Cuba's biggest trading partner after Venezuela, with bilateral trade at $2.3bn (£1.5bn) in 2007.
China has seen its trade with Latin American nations climb from $13bn in 2000 to more than $100bn in 2007.
"My visit is aimed at increasing friendship and co-operation between our two nations, and working together with our Cuban comrades to build a promising future," Mr Hu said in a statement.
That's a dodgy word to use. :twisted: