Chesterfield Crawl II is postponed till the spring

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by Rincewind, Jul 10, 2006.

?
  1. Yes Please

60.0%
  2. No Thank you

24.0%
  3. Cant afford it ever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Wife/mum/spouse wont let me

16.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello, important message.

Due to a number of technnical difficulties beyond my control and the fact that a lot of people have now discovered that the date for the crawl is not "do-able" (and we like these people). I am postponing the crawl unitl the spring.
    [hr]
    The list of difficulties ranges from the strange to the dire.

The mayor of Chesterfield has also booked the clay ground and we have been asked if we can come earlier or another day.

Our Staff are now making up part of the honour guard for the upcoming Trafalgar parade which means we need to be in the Guard training happening at our unit the same weekend.

The heating is still off - and its not getting any warmer at night.

We are training for a "sods opera" the weekend following.
    [hr]

As you can imagine i am gutted and we as a charity could do with the munny. (fixing the heating is a priority).

I promise to reschedule, with a choice of dates and i will even make sure i am going clay shooting over the next few months so if anyone is in the area and fancies having a go before the crawl, we can meet up for some one to one training?

Rincewind

2. How many ARRSErs do you need to make the meet viable?

3. 18 would do.

PM me if you are shy and want to ask potentially embarrasing questions.....

I have already been asked if this can lead into the Male only Mil Only crawl, the answer - You tell me, i am here but to facilitate.

I am organising this so you can have some fun.

Rincewind

4. Male only? My arrse, not where there are guns involved.

Count me in, the entertainment value of watching me try and shoot must be worth a couple more people turning up.

5. Ok so far i have 1 person asking if this can be male only and 1 person saying mixed sex.

No one else comenting?

Rincewind

6. I'd be more worried about whether the attendees are dangerous lunatics, rather than which sex they are.......

7. Ill take a wander along. I couldn't give a shit about whether its mixed sex or not.

When will it be? I'd prefer it to be after October so my next installment of my student loan is in, I dare say for a few others as well.

8. If it is mixed sex I would be interested

9. Sounds like it could be fun. If it's held later in the year then I should be able to make it.

One question; What's a gun?

10. maybe the artillery could bring some big guns to the range :D

If i I'm not playing with firearms in foreign climbs when it's on i may well be interested, not interested in what gender is playing killcrazy vetting is probably a good idea though

11. Vetting - good point well raised.

Afterall we dont want it becoming a Terrorist training camp

Rincewind

12. Limiting it to FAC and /or SGC holders will reduce numbers significantly though.

13. Ah yes but there are ways of making sure those who are coming are not journos/Spys/terrorists/complete dicks/ginger

Rincewind

14. Sounds like fun, count me in. I'd prefer it to be mixed sex, then I might stand a chance of being a better shot than someone. Usual questions Rince, when? how much?

And I don't think you need to make as much green stuff for the BBQ this time.

15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Sounds like a boxhead style Schutzenfest (sp?).

I would have been interested but you say complete ********* are barred. :oops: