Chest rig for deer stalking

Bilbo-K

Old-Salt
I am trying to figure a way of carrying both my thermal monocular and bins in the front - pick up heat source then switch to bins without ending up in a tangle.

Alaskan Guide do a great series of front mounted bino pack:
Packs - Alaska Guide Creations

Same sort of idea as chest pack when wading with a fly rod.

Bit out of touch with current webbing but was thinking (without going all ally kit monster) some sort of molle assaut vest with two packs/pouches on the front might work.

Any suggestions on vests/yokes/pouches etc which would do the job

Cheers

Bilbo

Bilbo-K

Old-Salt
That is the sort of thing but need a double main compartmet...bit like a bra LOL double d in multicam :)

Binos round your neck. Monocular round the neck but on longer straps. They won't bang in to each other that way.

Bilbo-K

Old-Salt
Ignore the prize one bell end on this video
but I think that may be he has put together what I'm on about..maybe split that big front pouch into 2 smaller ones. I suppose the danger is that you start adding all sorts to this...little pouches here and there...a knife just in case you need to go hand to hand with the deer...

Last edited:

Bilbo-K

Old-Salt
You need at least two white phos to keep Bambi's head down, and a 66 if its behind cover.

What length bayonet are you using ?
Not so much of a bayonet more of a

zombie_knife.jpg

Just need to work out how to fit it around the moderator...

Last edited:
Ignore the prize one bell end on this video
but I think that may be he has put together what I'm on about..maybe split that big front pouch into 2 smaller ones. I suppose the danger is that you start adding all sorts to this...little pouches here and there...a knife just in case you need to go hand to hand with the deer...
Like so many other uncountable tacticool, outdoory, yootoobers the gear that he 'uses regularly for outdoor activities' looks..........erm, .... newish,...clean,....unused even.

ugly

LE
I am trying to figure a way of carrying both my thermal monocular and bins in the front - pick up heat source then switch to bins without ending up in a tangle.

Alaskan Guide do a great series of front mounted bino pack:
Packs - Alaska Guide Creations

Same sort of idea as chest pack when wading with a fly rod.

Bit out of touch with current webbing but was thinking (without going all ally kit monster) some sort of molle assaut vest with two packs/pouches on the front might work.

Any suggestions on vests/yokes/pouches etc which would do the job

Cheers

Bilbo
facepalm.jpg

Really if you must why not wear a smock with a bino pouch on the front?

What about a set of P37 webbing with two utility pouches? Or a set of Bren supplemental pouches with the horseshoe collar, like the ones carried by the #2 Bren gunner duing WW2? You can then blanco them nicely green.

ugly

LE
download.jpg
or this;
Hill_Smock_zip_large.jpg

Other makes are available

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Whats wrong with a decent jacket with big pockets?

I've got a Purdey dry wax cotton jacket which is basically their version of a Barbour. You can fit everything you need for a days shooting in the pockets.

Chest rig?

Gay.

Whats wrong with a decent jacket with big pockets?

I've got a Purdey dry wax cotton jacket which is basically their version of a Barbour. You can fit everything you need for a days shooting in the pockets.

Chest rig?

Gay.
The senor service knows about gayness.......

Mick9abf

War Hero
I have to say that Raver's is right in saying a jacket with big pockets (or a bino harness, which incidentally can be a pain in the arrse crawling in heather), are the solution to really a non existent problem your creating for yourself.

If I have my binoculars out and need my range finder or whatever I stick them down the front of my jacket or let them hang and take the other item out of my pocket, seems to work ;)!

ugly

LE
I gave clayp1g my buckshee drop liner nomad smock its a bit effing big for him so ask nicely

Bilbo-K

Old-Salt
1 x 58 pattern belt + maxpedition medium size dump pouch. Swapped over thermal monocular neck strap for wrist strap. Simples
Dump_pouch1.jpg

Dump_pouch2.jpg