Cheshire Police Shooting: No Weapons Found At Scene

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cavemandave, Mar 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An "initial visual search" inside a car in which a man was shot dead by police has failed to locate any weapons, the police watchdog has said.
    Anthony Paul Grainger, from Bolton, died of a single gunshot wound to the chest after the car he was in was stopped in the village of Culcheth, Cheshire.
    The vehicle was stopped on Saturday evening in what police described as a "pre-planned operation". Mr Grainger was shot by an armed officer.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) deployed investigators to the scene and took over the investigation following the shooting at around 7.20pm.
    Initial evidence collected suggests two police firearms were discharged during the incident, the IPCC said.
    However, a full ballistic examination needs to be undertaken on the recovered police weapons to confirm this.
    At this stage it is known that one round was discharged by an officer carrying a Heckler and Koch MP5 carbine.
    This passed through the car windscreen and struck Mr Grainger, 36, while he was sitting in the driver's seat of a red Audi car.

Two Hatton rounds were discharged into the car's tyres by an officer carrying a shotgun in order to disable the vehicle.
    A CS canister was also deployed by hand into the vehicle by one of the firearms team.

Anthony Grainger Fatal Police Shooting: No Weapons Found At Scene In Cheshire Says IPCC | UK News | Sky News

2. A car can also be used as a deadly weapon and anyone seeking to employ one as such should be subject to the same sanction as one drawing a pistol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Crim dead?

Oh dear, never mind.

4. No gun? Nice one.

Now if someone can confirm if the stiff was white for me I can become enraged, bleeting about the police picking on my community and nick myself some nice new running trainers.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 4
  5. I bet he was a devout christian who was a pillar of his community, never did any thing wrong....

• Like Like x 2
  6. The Lee Clegg defence, takes a while to kick in that one.

7. So when do the riots kick off?

8. As soon as I can figure out how to use this ****ing Blackberry messenger shite.

First one to lift some Basmati rice is da bomb blud innit?

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

"We did not have a shoot to kill policy. We had a shoot to mildly titillate policy"

Early days kiddo. And I am fairly sure grown-ups are on the case. So why not lay back, chill out and wait for info from somebody at tad better qualified to comment than Sky News.

Last time I looked, Sky News was run by Draco Murdoch. And if you have watched Harry Potter and the Big ****ing Chicken you will know that did not work out too well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Lee Clegg defence worked fine (IIRC) for those shots at the front and side of the vehicle as it was being driven at/towards members of the patrol. It went a bit belly up after rounds were discharged into the rear of the vehicle and the subsequent attempt at "re-interpreting" the events by members of said patrol.

11. HHH

HHH LE

You have to love the way IPCC issue a statement saying they had a quick peek through the car windows but didn't see anything and will have a complete search later, gets turned into the Sky News headline of "No weapons found at scene".

The IPCC don't seemed to have learned to stop giving out bits of information willy nilly until they have the full and complete facts to announce.

12. Listen you, I want my trainers and Basmati rice.

So shush yeah?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Or more likely the IPCC couldn't give a toss if it all goes tits up. Not like they're going to get blamed for the inevitable trainer/rice/iphone looting spree that may follow...

14. I can't make the riot as I have the school run to do tomorrow, can someone grab me a Nintendo Wii ( daughters birthday soon).
    Fight the power innit and so forth..... braaap

• Like Like x 1