Chepstow

I was one of the young ladies bussed in on a Saturday night for the discos, circa 1980. And I was a lady, never did anything more than have a jolly good snog with some of the lovely young Apprentices I went out with. I lived in Bulwark and had just passed my driving test and sometimes would pick my boyfriend of the moment up from the gates.

So many of my contemporaries ended up marrying one of the lads from Beachley. Bulwark and Chepstow was seen as such a dull place when you were a teenage girl so to nab a Beachley Boy was seen as a good way of breaking out. I left home at 18 to join the Army myself but I still have family locally and enjoy going back to what i see now as a lovely place.
and there was me thinking my late Mum was something special in Bulwark......turn out she just married Dad to escape

Old-Salt
I was PS from 92-94 when it closed
I was 90-92 89 Trg Sqn

That film shows the pass in parade 1991. I didn’t recognise any of the 89 Sqn youths doing skill at arms in the training wing/block but the locations and a few staff faces brought back some good memories, just a pity it doesn’t have sound.

I was 90-92 89 Trg Sqn

That film shows the pass in parade 1991. I didn’t recognise any of the 89 Sqn youths doing skill at arms in the training wing/block but the locations and a few staff faces brought back some good memories, just a pity it doesn’t have sound.
I work with Dave Blackett (Was WO2)

I wasn't a Sapper, but my last posting was Beachley Barracks and I live in the married quarters that were in Sedbuy.

My attic floor is poorly boarded out with MFO boxes of the Sappers who lived here prior to me.

What a shit job they did of it.

Latest Threads