Chemo - who’s been through it?

Forrest Gump

Old-Salt
It’s mainly working from home so I should be ok
Thats good….im trying to pull a wabbit out the hat for myself so I can work from home. I’m in a shit state and my employer will get me out in the end so racking my old brain cell to get in idea…was thinkin bout bein a millionaire playboy or a model but the wife says I’m a pig in nickers…the wee cxxt ✌

TamH70

MIA

themutiny

Old-Salt
So sorry to quote myself, bad form I know, but needed to share.

So, my son’s father in law now has a perforated bowel resulting in sepsis. Now in ITU on a ventilator with a very poor prognosis, as in unlikely to see the birth of his first Grandchild. As I have said before, I don’t really know him, but it does put things in perspective, certainly for me. I was facing the same but survived. I feel so sorry for him.
Here I go quoting myself again. Poor bugger died a few days ago. Kind of his choice. He just said “no more”. Can’t say as I blame him…

Here I go quoting myself again. Poor bugger died a few days ago. Kind of his choice. He just said “no more”. Can’t say as I blame him…
Sincere condolences to you and your family

ugly

LE
Commiserations, I do understand the “just had enough” emotion!
It’s a difficult sell to your family but can be kinder in the end

Chef

LE
Sorry to hear that. I've heard the same said of a couple of friends who had had enough and died. The widow of one said he just felt tired of it all.

RABC

LE
Last session in week 5 of 6. One side of my face looks, and feels as if someone has cooked it. Bright red and burns like hell. The Flamigel RT cream only works for an hour or so, until the skin gets dry again. No pharmacist has any, and the hospital ran out. It also doesn't work on the corner of my mouth and lip where I have a huge ulcer. I wake up in the early hours and have to try more cream, and morphine. That gets me to the morning when the skin feels like it is cooking again. Repeat ad infinitum. My mouth is almost swollen shut, and I can manage fluids only. Oh and I have the runs. I have one more week at Addenbrookes, and then they have asked my GP to carry on with all my prescriptions. The GP surgery is denying any communication has been made, despite the fact I have downloaded the hospital letters, and emailed them to the surgery, with read receipts.

Will be interested to see my weight next Friday, probably about 2 stone down.

The staff are excellent though.

ugly

LE
Sitting in waiting room as i type this , for first Radiotherapy treatment treatment, very nervous, then nurse comes out and says there will be an hours delay.

Thank god someone else asked why the long delay, as the answer was painful.

"The kids get theirs in the morning and we have to clean up after them"
Thanks I’m trying not to imagine the scene

Latest Threads