Chemo - who’s been through it?

Mufulira42

Old-Salt
I do find Mrs. M's blend of yoghurt and fruit a quite tasty sort of thick milkshake that passes for a meal as a sub for a knife and fork spread for those times when you really don't want to face a plateful of nosh
My invaluable Mrs. M has on many occasions when a plate of regular grub doesn't appeal whips up Yoghurt and what ever fresh berries or cherries in a blender and it is super tasting substitute and stays down until the following khazi call in the morning

@Ravers if you want to treat your good lady, this launches today, a curated sensitive skincare collection suitable for those undergoing cancer treatment.

Shitty news. Had a mate go through 30 days back to back chemo (or was it radio?) in November. He said the cancer was preferable to the burning. :-(

ugly

LE
Shitty news. Had a mate go through 30 days back to back chemo (or was it radio?) in November. He said the cancer was preferable to the burning. :-(
That would be radiotherapy, chemo is usually a couple of weeks apart and I agree, after six weeks the burns build up and last a long time

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
We’re now on the back end of the second chemo cycle and apart from some very minor hair loss where the cold cap has missed, you’d barely know the difference in her. She’s lost a little weight but she’s always been pretty small so most people aren’t seeing any difference.

She went for a 6km run yesterday and is still doing her annoying American YouTube aerobics workout every day.

Another schlep down to Manchester for scans today. The lump has all but disappeared now which is encouraging.

Round three next week.

Through sheer luck, we’ve also managed to time half term with the back end of the next cycle which means she should be feeling fairly human that week, if current progress is anything to go by.

Hopefully we’ll be able to have a fairly normal half term and do something fun with the smalls.

We’re now on the back end of the second chemo cycle and apart from some very minor hair loss where the cold cap has missed, you’d barely know the difference in her. She’s lost a little weight but she’s always been pretty small so most people aren’t seeing any difference.

She went for a 6km run yesterday and is still doing her annoying American YouTube aerobics workout every day.

Another schlep down to Manchester for scans today. The lump has all but disappeared now which is encouraging.

Round three next week.

Through sheer luck, we’ve also managed to time half term with the back end of the next cycle which means she should be feeling fairly human that week, if current progress is anything to go by.

Hopefully we’ll be able to have a fairly normal half term and do something fun with the smalls.

Thanks for the update. Please give Mrs R our group love and prayers.

(what? Oh. I've just had a message. If you have those bikini shots of Mrs R it may help focus our prayers.... :cuddle: )

(what? Oh. I've just had a message. If you have those shots of you wearing Mrs R's bikini it may help focus our prayers.... :cuddle: )
Fixed FOC as per.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer

(what? Oh. I've just had a message. If you have those bikini shots of Mrs R it may help focus our prayers.... :cuddle: )
It’s Lady R not Mrs.

;)

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
....and altered accordingly, now about those photos.... it's all for prayerfullness, really it is... so I've been told, by others, who know about these things...

She says no.

**** off.
7E6605F3-6358-47B7-8A72-D4D1AF25A94C.jpeg

So glad to hear she is responding well to the treatment . Wishing you both the best of luck with it , and looking forward to a post from you saying " All clear "

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
That thing's bigger than her!

so glad that Lady R is responding. Having been there on both sides (supporting and diagnosed) don't forget to take some time for you just for a few minutes to get some headspace :cuddle:
Yeah I’ve actually managed to get a leave pass to go on a Landy adventure this weekend.

Under the circumstances I wouldn’t normally leave her and the kids, but everyone is absolutely fine at the moment so it’s all good.

My mum (a nurse) is only 4 miles down the road so she’s in good hands if anything does go wrong.

Yeah I’ve actually managed to get a leave pass to go on a Landy adventure this weekend.

Under the circumstances I wouldn’t normally leave her and the kids, but everyone is absolutely fine at the moment so it’s all good.

My mum (a nurse) is only 4 miles down the road so she’s in good hands if anything does go wrong.
Brilliant - enjoy the walk in the country side (well, it is a Land Rover event...)

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer
Back down here and still didn't come for brew.... ;)

Good news mate, really pleased.

For half term the WWT near Lytham has the world puddle jumping championships, kids might enjoy, we have some guest tickets as we are annual members.

1643285861971.png

@Ravers Are you on the left or right?

I hope things continue to improve for Lady Ravers, she needs to keep you in check

Latest Threads