Chemical Ali to swing

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Jan 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why the big delay?

2. ancienturion

ancienturion LE Book Reviewer

From what I make of the article it seems he had already been sentenced to death in previous cases but the defence provided delaying tactics.
    This case seem fairly definitive and he should get the sentence after the usual appeals.

3. Because 'he's obviously guilty' doesn't cut it when you are trying to run a fair judicial process.

4. The Kurds, understandably, wanted him bought to account for Hallabjah.

5. Is he Bi-polar?

6. With his current tally of death sentences maybe he should instead be hanged, drawn and quartered ...

7. They wanted to keep hanging around?

Excuse me, I think that's my taxi.

8. Maybe they are waiting to see if there is the thunder of greedy 'Yumin Rites' lawyers and other Lefty appologists, flying out to Bhagdad to.. 'Demand that the UK Govment intervenes, and saves Mr Chemical Ali from a fate worse than death..., to serve any prison sentence in the UK, and to issue him with a Passport, Council Flat and Benefits...!!'

But I jest.... the UK's lefty Loony tunes wouldn't go that far.....

9. you would have thought that any intel that he could of gave would have been useless long ago... so why the wait in hanging him?

10. ancienturian is right with regard to the previous verdicts.

Of all of those who were involved with the top end of Saddam's regime, he really was a card that everyone looked for. Can't help a sneaking admiration for his back garden though.

Await the camera-phone YouTube videos and outrage which is bound to follow.

11. ohhh I hope they do, I truly hope the flutter out there to plead for poor Ali,s life, and get told to just feck off before they are dragged screeching into the execution chamber and made to watch the Gaseous fecker dropped and stretched, please please make haste and get your yumin rites brief,s sorted out. :wink: :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

12. Has Phil Shiner not stepped forward to help this victim of the UK Government's military action in Iraq?

13. lol thats a fair point :)