Chemical Ali to swing

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
skintboymike said:
Why the big delay?
From what I make of the article it seems he had already been sentenced to death in previous cases but the defence provided delaying tactics.
This case seem fairly definitive and he should get the sentence after the usual appeals.

Maybe they are waiting to see if there is the thunder of greedy 'Yumin Rites' lawyers and other Lefty appologists, flying out to Bhagdad to.. 'Demand that the UK Govment intervenes, and saves Mr Chemical Ali from a fate worse than death..., to serve any prison sentence in the UK, and to issue him with a Passport, Council Flat and Benefits...!!'

But I jest.... the UK's lefty Loony tunes wouldn't go that far.....

ancienturian is right with regard to the previous verdicts.

Of all of those who were involved with the top end of Saddam's regime, he really was a card that everyone looked for. Can't help a sneaking admiration for his back garden though.

Await the camera-phone YouTube videos and outrage which is bound to follow.

uncle_vanya said:
Maybe they are waiting to see if there is the thunder of greedy 'Yumin Rites' lawyers and other Lefty appologists, flying out to Bhagdad to.. 'Demand that the UK Govment intervenes, and saves Mr Chemical Ali from a fate worse than death..., to serve any prison sentence in the UK, and to issue him with a Passport, Council Flat and Benefits...!!'

But I jest.... the UK's lefty Loony tunes wouldn't go that far.....
ohhh I hope they do, I truly hope the flutter out there to plead for poor Ali,s life, and get told to just feck off before they are dragged screeching into the execution chamber and made to watch the Gaseous fecker dropped and stretched, please please make haste and get your yumin rites brief,s sorted out. :wink: :wink: :wink: :twisted: :twisted:

Cometh the hour, cometh the man. Any chance that Max Clifford will step-in to rescue Ali Hassan al-Majid's popular image of evil gasser? With a little help from Max, who knows where Ali could be hanging around soon?

And let's not pretend that the peoples' favourite, Simon Cowell could not do wonders to help this poor misunderstood man. Surely, "Evil Dictators and their Co-horts X-Factor" has to be a winning formula?

parapauk said:
skintboymike said:
Why the big delay?
Because 'he's obviously guilty' doesn't cut it when you are trying to run a fair judicial process.
Don't get me wrong - I'm a big believer of giving a fair trial where it's due. My point is that the Iraqi authorities want this done, and asap. No amount of stalling or appealing will change their minds, so why not get it over and done with?

Even if by some small miracle he does manage to get off scot free - do any of you honestly think he'd survive a week if released from custody?

skintboymike said:
parapauk said:
skintboymike said:
Why the big delay?
Because 'he's obviously guilty' doesn't cut it when you are trying to run a fair judicial process.
Don't get me wrong - I'm a big believer of giving a fair trial where it's due. My point is that the Iraqi authorities want this done, and asap. No amount of stalling or appealing will change their minds, so why not get it over and done with?

Even if by some small miracle he does manage to get off scot free - do any of you honestly think he'd survive a week if released from custody?
Because justice has not just got to be done, but be seen to be done. He was never going to get off because he is unquestionbly guilty, so figuring out what would happen to him should he get off is a waste of time.

As he's received four death sentences, why not the old method of tying each limb to a horse and rider and then, take your marks..set..GO. (make a wish)

Latest Threads