Cheltenham Festival 2013: guard stops Zara Phillips crossing parade ring

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by pimpernel, Mar 13, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well this is one thing that both Mother and daughter now have in common.
    In 1977 whilst an Officer Cadet at RMAS on guard duty, the gate guard at the Staff College gate refused to let a certain Captain and Mrs Phillips QDG in. Sadly the Cadet at the gate, who retired recently as I believe a Colonel, didn't recognise them either.

Cheltenham Festival 2013: guard stops Zara Phillips crossing parade ring - Telegraph

2. Not the first time shes been stopped at the Gold Cup. I was stood next to some steward who was running the lift going up to the Royal Suite. She asked to go to the 3rd floor and was told "Sorry madam, can't do that. Thats for Royal guests only"

She glared at him, i was trying hard not to collapse with laughter but he stood his ground as she asked again. After the same thing happened 3 or 4 times, i took over (i was looking after said lifts). I pushed the 3rd floor button and he was adament that i was in big trouble when the doors opened. Suffice to say all was well when she got out.

3. Glad Tindall didn't get involved.

4. Not suprised in that hat