Chelsea to Woolwich move

Discussion in 'Officers' started by mad_scots_man, Oct 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am trying to 'bang out' a posting to London for 08. Does anyone know when Chelsea moves to Woolwich? I believe Woolwich is now vacant and that Chelsea barracks is being surrendered around 08, anyone know better?

And, does anyone know what the Off SFA accom standard is like in Chelsea and/or Woolwich? Close to the work? In a shit area, etc?

Many thanks!
  2. Woolwich is a dangerous third world immigrant /English chavscum zone that is turning into a ghetto.
    Don't live anywhere near the Shitehole.
    There was a thread about this yesterday, discussing the merits of different parts of the capital.
  3. I know Nijmegen Company, Grenadier Guards are now in Woolwich and from talking to some mates of mine one of the PWRR battalions will be moving there soon as the resident infantry Battalion
  4. Typical,soon as we move out,bang goes the neighbourhood!
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Gunners- bringing civilisation where guardsmen fear to tread! :D
  6. Mint!!! :lol: Woolwich-- Take it if you dare!!!
  7. My, those poor dears. Still handy for blackheath and visiting those ex-Guardees who are now something in the City...I wonder if the Albert will still attract a smattering of the officer class from "over the road"? Or will it be too rough for them?
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

On a side point, did we take the Polar Bear rug from the Mess with us?
  9. Do people still get mugged in the loooooooooooong stretch between The Kings Arms and the chippie?! 8O
  10. Even if we didn't there's a spare in the Packway isn't there??
  11. Several postings to London, if not a PD unit as your post suggests you may not be at Woolwich.

Further info on Trade/Arm/Corps/potential post would be helpful.

Or we could keep telling you how bad Woolwich is!!
  12. Woolwich really is a tip... The town centre is full of brothers sellings crack, Bin Laden Supporters and single mums. The shopping street is full of fast food joints, pound shops followed by some coucil drop-in centre for everybody but white males.

As for the Bks, no money has been spent for years on it. I did basic there in 85, went back last year and it was still the same except for a NAAFI Vendor replacing the shop and Sodexho doing the catering.

Maybe as a springboard to get out and about, but remember there is no tube stop near by.
  13. Chelsea is gone. The last few lonely bodies will be out by the end of next month. Woolwich is slowly filling up with lodger and permanent units as we speak...

14. Chaps,

Thanks for the information, although Woolwich sounds bleak.

Still awaiting my posting order, but hey, i just love 'the unknown', putting my life on hold and being fucked about. Hopefully get my posting order with enough time to let me hop in the car and report for duty. Hurray for the Army.
  15. Moving to Woolwich early Jan 08
    Lots of different opinions on quarters will just have to wait and see.