Chelsea Pensioners

CunningLinguist said:
can anyone enlighten me as to whether ex Riflemen can wear black buttons on their tunics if they become a Chelsea Pensioner?

I wouldn't imagine so, what the pensioners wear is a uniform, if you start with riflemen wearing black buttons you'll next hav eex RWF wanting to wear a flash on the backs of their collars, the Jocks will want to wear the kilt and the Irish will want green uniforms. Much as I can appreciate the thought behind the black buttons I don't really see how it's practical.

Flyingrockdj

War Hero
What a collection of excuses you could use.
It will be like being posted to Rintlen as Underwater knife fighting instructor!

IIRC on the program about them they wear uniform as stated and buttons of the Royal Hospital Chelsea. They can wear the rank and medals/awards they were entitled to wear on discharge, plus any others after i.e MBE etc

that's not gospel by the way!!

Flyingrockdj said:
It will be like being posted to Rintlen as Underwater knife fighting instructor!
I thought Rinteln was a hospital not a knife combat school.

can anyone enlighten me as to whether ex Riflemen can wear black buttons on their tunics if they become a Chelsea Pensioner?
Used to get some of them (Ex KRRC & RB) turn up regularly on remembrance day at the mess in Davies Street, I presume some still do. Never saw one wearing black buttons and am pretty sure they would have had it been permitted. The fellas I met were mafia through and through.

Ditto no black on green chevrons etc.

Ventress

LE
Twizzlelehope said:
Flyingrockdj said:
As a front, Rinteln supplied the infamous "Bus load of nurses" which tormented the dreams of the youth in BAOR!

Ventress

LE
Twizzlelehope said:
Flyingrockdj said:
As a front, Rinteln supplied the infamous "Bus load of nurses" which tormented the dreams of the youth in BAOR!

Ventress

LE
Twizzlelehope said:
Flyingrockdj said: