Chelsea Pensioners

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by CunningLinguist, May 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can anyone enlighten me as to whether ex Riflemen can wear black buttons on their tunics if they become a Chelsea Pensioner?

2. there must be ex KRRC/RB/RGJ in the Royal Hospital but I have never seen any regimental quirks on their uniforms so I doubt it

3. maybe they wear their black buttons on their jammies?

4. The good news is they are allowing women now as chelsea pensioners, it seems you cant keep us ladies out of anywere. :D

5. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

Can't wait to get in!

And totty now as well.

Can you imagine the carnage!

6. But you will all have en-suite facilities, so no chance of accidentally walking into the female showers and claiming it is due to Alzheimers :D

7. I wouldn't imagine so, what the pensioners wear is a uniform, if you start with riflemen wearing black buttons you'll next hav eex RWF wanting to wear a flash on the backs of their collars, the Jocks will want to wear the kilt and the Irish will want green uniforms. Much as I can appreciate the thought behind the black buttons I don't really see how it's practical.

8. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

What a collection of excuses you could use.
    It will be like being posted to Rintlen as Underwater knife fighting instructor!

9. IIRC on the program about them they wear uniform as stated and buttons of the Royal Hospital Chelsea. They can wear the rank and medals/awards they were entitled to wear on discharge, plus any others after i.e MBE etc

that's not gospel by the way!!

10. I thought Rinteln was a hospital not a knife combat school.

11. Used to get some of them (Ex KRRC & RB) turn up regularly on remembrance day at the mess in Davies Street, I presume some still do. Never saw one wearing black buttons and am pretty sure they would have had it been permitted. The fellas I met were mafia through and through.

Ditto no black on green chevrons etc.

12. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

As a front, Rinteln supplied the infamous "Bus load of nurses" which tormented the dreams of the youth in BAOR!

13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

As a front, Rinteln supplied the infamous "Bus load of nurses" which tormented the dreams of the youth in BAOR!

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator