chelsea pensioners

Hi all not been on for a while...dunno where this should be posted!! saw a great programme earlier,about the chelsea pensioners was really moving

As usual I catch just the last 2 minutes of a good program. Hopefully it will be shown again. How many Chelsea Pensioners are there? I liked the bit with the two old boys walking off chuntering away!

LOL they were funny sadly one died! :cry: don`t know how many .I`m not sure is it a series or a one off?

Happily though they expired as honourable old toms, not shivering in a dump wondering whether to eat or turn the heating on.

CQMS said:
Happily though they expired as honourable old toms, not shivering in a dump wondering whether to eat or turn the heating on.
If only that were the case. They died as a result of the fire.

:D They were proud old men,i cried and laughed lol

PandaLOVE said:
As usual I catch just the last 2 minutes of a good program. Hopefully it will be shown again. How many Chelsea Pensioners are there? I liked the bit with the two old boys walking off chuntering away!
I think there are around 350ish.They are now building accommadation for lady pensioneers to now.How many i dont know....one each maybe :)

DodgerH said:
PandaLOVE said:
I think there are around 350ish.They are now building accommadation for lady pensioneers to now.How many i dont know....one each maybe :)
Thank you DodgerH.

So what happens if the randy old geezers are caught in the female CP block? :wink:

i never gave it much thought before,even though my dad was in army..i`m a civvie btw. The chelsea pensioners were just sort of..... there!,like the cornershop :oops:

PandaLOVE said:
DodgerH said:
PandaLOVE said:
Thank you DodgerH.

So what happens if the randy old geezers are caught in the female CP block? :wink:
Why does it always come down to sex?................. :roll:

what`s bitten your bum...bit touchy matey do you understand the concept of sarcasm?.............or is that drilled out of you at some early stage? pmsl :twisted:

Ventress

LE
I read a book of a similair title- Soldiers by Philip Ziegler. Great book covering he lives of 10 or so Pensioners. ery moving and I cant wait to chuck in my pension and get muellered every night courtesy of visiting yanks in a local public house!

Ventress said:
I read a book of a similair title- Soldiers by Philip Ziegler. Great book covering he lives of 10 or so Pensioners. ery moving and I cant wait to chuck in my pension and get muellered every night courtesy of visiting yanks in a local public house!
There aren't many local public houses left close to the Royal Hospital now. :x Besides their bar knocks out beers at about £1.50 a pint! (And live music on a Saturday)

I caught the full series and thought it was put together really well.
There were three featured that died during the the period covered by the series, not incl the RSM's mate in the last programme. They all had an in memory of mention at the end of the programme they were in.

It came over as a well run establishment and a great place for ex servicemen who had lost their wives, and/or did not want to lose their independence/be a burden on their families.

Long may it continue

Ventress said:

I'm meeting up with one next week at a RAMC (OTT) reunion..Jim H and i dont think i've seen him pay for anything on his travels...good luck to him i say.