Chelsea Pensioners on TV

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Stonker, Mar 31, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In case you missed it first time round:

2. Thanks for that. I was seeing red when I missed it the first time round.
  3. Thanks a lot for bringing that to my attention - their is also an excellent book called 'Soldiers'.

This book deals with the lives before these formidable men become pensioners and their life once an in pensioner.

A truly fascinating and worthwhile read...
  4. Thanks for this excellent infomation i will definitely be watching
    A excellent book to read is
    The Royal Hospital Chelsea,the place the people by Dan Cruickshank
    ISBN 1903942276 gives its history and stories from the pensioners who reside there
    you can order it from London Library via your local library however expect a very long wait
  5. A bump and some additional info about the last 5 episodes from the official page

6. When i am in London, and i see on of the Lads at a bar, he gets a double of his favorite spirit.
  7. Get your arrses down to the Albert pub in Victoria, London to see these chaps on the lash. A pint a story for the tourists and half price beer from the Landlord. Had the time of my life being invited to a garden party at the Chelsea Hospital by 'Moishe' ex-CS in one of the Guards Regiments. Fantastic blokes who are more than capable of drinking visitors under the table in their twilight years. Top blokes and no mistake, guv'nor.
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Cheers for that.Recording set!
  9. I know I'm a crab barstard, but it still makes me proud to see the Pensioners. They have a dignity all of their own.
    I was lucky enough to help host a couple of them when they were invited to take part in our Rememberance Ceremony a few years back. Stories galore and the old buggers verily raped my bar book - but every pint was willingly given. Glad we have them.