Chelsea Pensioners: Girls Allowed - BBC 4 Friday 20th 1930

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by oldmuso, Mar 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An update one-off programme on the previous BBC Chelsea Pensioners' series ....

Chelsea Pensioners: Girls Allowed
    Friday 20 March
    7:30pm - 8:00pm
    BBC4

After 300 years the all-male Royal Hospital Chelsea is opening its doors to female veterans. This film charts what are being described as the "seismic changes" caused by the arrival of women Chelsea Pensioners.

VIDEO Plus+: 7670440

2. There is a documentary series running on Beeb 2 currently (filmed in '06) about The Royal Hospital, titled Once a Soldier (or similar). One of the episodes was about girlies being allowed in. About time too I think.

3. Thanks for the heads up Oldmuso.
    Me and the Missus have been watching the re-runs of "Once a soldier". Christ, it cracks you up to watch the old fellas in action. Dignity, comradeship, loyalty and honesty are all on display and they all seem to have a twinkle in the eye whenever there is a lady about!
    Squaddies never change, no matter how old they are!
    Well done the Royal Hospital and the BBC for commissioning the series.

4. How long before there is a "female Chelsea Pensioner, Would you." thread?

5. Give the lads something to do on a cold night!

6. Question / Query
    One of the ladies only served 5 years. I thought you had to draw a military pension to get in. Would she of had one for this amount of service.

7. T4U2

Maybe she is in receipt of a war Pension.

8. GIRLS ALOUD!!!!!! Hot girl Band........... Makes me wanna be a chelsea pensioners. ......................... I'll get me coat

9. Make it a scarlet one then. ;)

10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Seeing the Chelsea Pensioners makes you proud to be British!

11. I've been watching them too, the last one made me blub like a baby!! Anyone else?

12. Just finished watching - whether 18 or 80 - squaddies never change!! I'm sure those old boys would given half the chance!!

13. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Bunch of randy ol' sods are'nt they.You know I'd love to spend a night in their mess bar,I'm sure they have stories that make your toes curl & ribs hurt!

14. Watched the programme and loved it. The girls that are going in have a good squaddie sense of humour and can play the boys at their own game. Had some dust in my eye during the programme. Must get Mrs Tare to do more hoovering
    Liked the bit at the end with 251 girls talking to them, surprise surprise the camera sat on the cpl (who I took through training.) She has the largest baps known to man and is a bit of a looker.