Chelsea Flower Show

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Scavenger, May 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. First of all, I'm no bum bandit, but I do quite fancy a trip to the Chelsea Flower Show.

I've got the week off, and a day out examining some fine specimens of plants and some equally fine specimens of posh fanny sounds just the job.

Then I saw the price. Tickets are sold out, but you can get them on waltbay for £100 each! Feck that. Although I am a gardening-walt, there must be another way, especially as its based in the grounds of the Royal Hospital.

So any ideas how I can blag my way in?????

(I'm in my 30's, so the Chelsea Pensioner one wont work)

2. Saw a leg off and slip on a uniform.

3. I went last year. It was great and I'd definitely recommend it.

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

PPPPPPP

(and yes as WT said it is quite a decent day out.)

5. I'm sorted for Friday.

6. You just need a convincing disguise...

[​IMG]

...Petal.

7. Gremlin

Thank you, but your sexual conquests with Grenadiers are of no concern here. This thread is about gardening.....

Mnd you ..........

8. Well how do I get in?!!!!!

I'm not in the guards, so I cant turn up in something red and pretend to the old bag on the gate that I live there and this is all happening in my garden.

9. OK OK, keep your hair on.... look Scav, just go like this and no bugger will stop you!

[​IMG]

10. Become an ice cream seller or buy up some bottled water or wear black and white and say you are with catering

11. Up hill gardening, perhaps?

12. Gremlin

There is a reason that you lot get called Woodentops, and it doesn't always refer to a 1960's kids program! :p

You don't do subtle do you? No go back and reread my last post!! :D

13. Gremlin

Basically you can't, without resorting to a tout.

Thursday and Friday used to have tickets for sale on the gate, but that went yonks ago.

14. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Go in uniform tell them your on ROP's show a butter knife and here to weed between the paving slabs/displays

15. Oh good a gardening thread do that mean we can start talking about our sheds?

Where is Taff49?