Chefs

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by LemonThyme, Jul 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all, just wondering if we currently have chefs (in any force) active on this forum?
    As i'm looking to join up as an already "qualfied chef" and would like their views on:
    recruits as chefs
    deployments
    PAYD
    Fresh food and own planning
    etc

Thanks.

2. Really????

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Well you might have had a bit more success if you had asked in the RLC forum!

This one is about cooking and recipes.

4. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

You will probably be better advised to find a different trade. I have recently been talking to a few mates still serving and the chef trade looks likely to be disbanded in the not to distant future. As far as I'm aware most chef's are looking to retrade, rather than leaving the Army.

But then again, there has always been talk of this happening.

5. You watch ready steady cook, master chef etc?

You're a civvy chef as it is?

You're a bubble dancer who gets to peel carrots and the honeymoon period hasn't worn off yet.

The Chef you trained under never hit you hard enough with the big soup ladle.

Don't be bloody daft.

Army Chefs will Cook your Socks - swap the S and C...

6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

What has knowing about cooking and recipes got to do with knowing about being a Chef in the Army? Anyone can learn to cook, what knowledge does that give them of the role of a combat sloppy?

If you want to know about a career or trade, ask in the right forum, and you are more likely to get the advice required.

Please extract your head from your rectum!

7. ...extract head from rectum and reserve any liquor produced...place in a Norwegian bottle and add coffee granules, golden vegetable soup powder and dried milk and sugar in equal proportions. Add boiling water. Shake fiercely to combine partially these ingredients. Mark prominently with "TEA". Serve to thirsty, tired, cold people.