Cheese-eating surrender-monkeys open new BASE centre

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Cutaway, Dec 14, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

From the BBC :-

It would appear that the frogs are trying to ingratiate themselves with the rest of the world by opening a new BASE centre.

The 'bridge' as they call this launch platform is 885' at the roadway and 1125' at the central tower, so it should prove a fun lob.
    I'm just surprised that I've not heard of anyone trying it during construction - but maybe the story has yet to come out.

"The bridge is now a source of pride for Millau, which believes many BASErs will come to jump it, our correspondent says.

Motorists are expected to pay 4.6 euros ($5.60) for a trip across the bridge."

I assume that jumpers will only be charged 2.3 euros ($2.80) :lol:
  2. And if I leave my jumper at the toll booth, can I jump for free. :)

:( ill go back to work.
  3. Am I right in thinking that although they may not actively encourage BASE jumping, they havent actually outlawed it. Meanwhile, back in dear old blighty, we have to be protected against such hazardous activities as, eating cheese made with un-pastuerised milk! I wonder what Mary Poppins has made me for my lunch? :roll:
  4. Is it BASE jumping that is illegal, or the unauthorised access?
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

It's normally the access, making those that get caught liable to charges of trespass at least.

There was the case of the Bootie who based St Paul's Cathedral - from the inside - who was nicked under a law dating back several hundred years. 'Using profanity to a clergyman' or 'Abuse of a man of the cloth' or something similar.
    Wouldn't have thought they'd have minded after centuries of 'abuse of choirboys' by the clergy !