Cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Recently enjoyed a nice piece of Minger.

A local produce, reminiscent of a smelly brie.
Some lads I knew would explain anything stinking as "minging".

Oh if only this were true. Can you imagine dealers on street corners surreptitiuosly trading cheese spliffs, and county lines set up by cheese gangs:chef:

Do Crime stopper's do a reward and if so can I shop the lady that deals this terrible stuff on our Saturday market, there's always a few dodgy middle aged guys openly buying this lovely addictive stuff, me included indeed I did a great deal on a whole, well mini, stinking bishop fix just prior to Xmas.
Note to self must pop along this Saturday to get another fix. :)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I fücking love cheese. As does my missus.

Unfortunately, due to her being an American and therefore genetically inferior, we have found out that she is mildly allergic/intolerant to Cow and Goat milk.

Does anyone have any suggestions for decent Sheeps milk cheese. I already have some good Manchego, but anything else.

The deli is Bayley & Sage, (even the names are posh in the Village, no, Wetherspoons, Gregs, McDs, Poundland, 7-11, Costcutters etc. to be found there, no sireee, not allowed) but I can't recall the name of the cheese.
To respond to this, I now go there regularly.

In heaven, all supermarkets are Bayley & Sage (but without the prices).

I fücking love cheese. As does my missus.

Unfortunately, due to her being an American and therefore genetically inferior, we have found out that she is mildly allergic/intolerant to Cow and Goat milk.

Does anyone have any suggestions for decent Sheeps milk cheese. I already have some good Manchego, but anything else.
There's always Feta and Halloumi if you're into that sort of stuff.
Some Wensleydale cheese is sheep's cheese but check the labelling as most is cow's cheese.
You could try Pecorino instead of Parmesan where you use that.

You've already mentioned Manchego, a very fine Spanish cheese as long as you don't go for the rock hard cured type, but Quesda de Cabrales is a marvellous blue cheese which tastes like a creamy Stilton. Possibly my favourite.

Lunya describes it as The strongest blue cheese in the world. ... Strong aroma, creamy texture and mouth burning flavour that sucks the moisture from the back of your tongue. Fabulously piquant, this is great on its own, with a fruit jelly or sweet dessert wine or sherry.

Memory jog:- Back in the stone age, we got lost in the northern foothills of the Sardinian mountains, we wandered into a village, the up shot was being invited into the ,the house of a local worthy, who offered us wine and cheese, Question, the cheese was like a giant salami, in a muslin cloth, tied up with string, It stank highly of ammonia and burnt the palate, almost un-eatable, WTF was it? ( Ex dawn patrol Sardinia, 1974)

Spanish Cabrales blue, Feta if you're desperate, Pecorino, Roquefort (excellent blue!), Serra da Estrella if you can get it and Sussex Slipcote.

no f in beer

Old-Salt
A cheese thread, who knew ?!

Found a , new to me, cheese recently, Skegness Blue, a very soft, but not runny Stilton type cheese, wonderful

Also want to try a baked camembert, but what, if anything do you have with it ?

Tool

LE

Found a , new to me, cheese recently, Skegness Blue, a very soft, but not runny Stilton type cheese, wonderful

Cranberry (chunky), or raspberry (also chunky) preserve with the camembert.

Cranberry (chunky), or raspberry (also chunky) preserve with the camembert.
+1. Also try onion marmalade. Forget the crusty bread, dig in with a spoon.
Melted cheese is a bit 1970s, but it’s sooooo good.

There's always Feta and Halloumi if you're into that sort of stuff.
Some Wensleydale cheese is sheep's cheese but check the labelling as most is cow's cheese.
You could try Pecorino instead of Parmesan where you use that.

You've already mentioned Manchego, a very fine Spanish cheese as long as you don't go for the rock hard cured type, but Quesda de Cabrales is a marvellous blue cheese which tastes like a creamy Stilton. Possibly my favourite.

Lunya describes it as The strongest blue cheese in the world. ... Strong aroma, creamy texture and mouth burning flavour that sucks the moisture from the back of your tongue. Fabulously piquant, this is great on its own, with a fruit jelly or sweet dessert wine or sherry.
Have a pop at stinking bishop. I ******* dare you!

Walnuts should hit the spot

On a more serious note.

Recently tried Brighton blue. Very Dolcelatte like. Cost more, but that may just be down to the pretentious twat I brought it from.

Still, if if releases niche goods into an already overcrowded market.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KGB_resident The Intelligence Cell 50
CrashTestDummy Cookery 67
RRFHASBEEN Cookery 1

Latest Threads