Cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese!

I am in such a mood for some cheese (no, not that cheese, you filthy minded individual). A ripe, gooey Gorgonzola would go down well right now. Maybe a Macaroni Cheese with Gorgonzola would work.

What's your cheese preference, and favourite cheesy recipe?
A nice processed cheese and tinned pineapple on cocktail sticks makes a wonderful hedgehog
image.jpeg

Stinking Bishop is an aquired taste.... it smells like rotten socks but is just fine... loverly grub.:hungry:
Nothing wrong with 'smelly socks' particularly for washed rind cheeses. My absolute favourite for a honking, runny cheese was (as I don't think its made anymore because of the biohazard) Mungabareena.

Last edited:
And that is the date here in Australia at the moment.

10:18AM, 31st of December as I write this.
Ah, hadn't thought of that!
I thought we were the only ones suffering from idiots with fireworks. My NYE will be spent in woods in the back of beyond with the wife and hounds.
Shame it isn't as pervy as it sounds!

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
If like me you don’t like giving your money to French cheese manufacturers then try this. I discovered it when I moved to West Wales and it’s bloody gorgeous on a warm Bellini, or on warm crust bread as it just goes all gooey and tastes fantastic. If you can give it a go, I’m sure you’ll like it.

https://www.welshcheesecompany.co.uk/product/perl-wen/

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
If like me you don’t like giving your money to French cheese manufacturers then try this. I discovered it when I moved to West Wales and it’s bloody gorgeous on a warm Bellini, or on warm crust bread as it just goes all gooey and tastes fantastic. If you can give it a go, I’m sure you’ll like it.

I'm sure you meant Blini as Bellini is a drink and I can't think of anything that could be as revolting as gooey cheese in a drink!

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer

I have just been through the entire list of cheeses from this company and I fear that my bank account is going to be depleted quite soon.
Bookmarked.
I wish I could give you an informative as well as a like.
Thanks for the info.

Poppy

LE
I have just been through the entire list of cheeses from this company and I fear that my bank account is going to be depleted quite soon.
Bookmarked.
I wish I could give you an informative as well as a like.
Thanks for the info.
ooh they do perl las - my favourite blue cheese when I discovered it in Crickhowell

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm sure you meant Blini as Bellini is a drink and I can't think of anything that could be as revolting as gooey cheese in a drink!
That’s the one=-D.

Polish gouda, well it is just like the Dutch stuff, reduced in my local Morrisons. £1 a block
Also Cornish blue, creamy and a mild Stilton type.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No, it isn't and no, it didn't. An excellent example of why journalists should not be allowed near scientific papers without someone to hold their hands through the long words.

Fortunately, someone has already written a detailed explanation - No, cheese is not just like crack
Look I find your rejection of my badly written choice of article with which to mock you and and other fellow cheese freaks, and quite frankly rude use of facts not at all helpful.

Have word with yourself. Honestly.

Look I find your rejection of my badly written choice of article with which to mock you and and other fellow cheese freaks, and quite frankly rude use of facts not at all helpful.

Have word with yourself. Honestly.
Ah, terribly sorry. In that case, having had both heroin and Stilton 10 years ago but only Stilton this Christmas, the only logical conclusion is Stilton is 10 times more addictive than heroin ;)

Dunno about cheese being addictive, but my son in law seriously needs to curb his Emmenhal cravings if he is not to find himself disinherited/under the patio. He and eldest Devexette are with us for lunch tomorrow (as is youngest and one of her uni mates). Main deal is 7 hour lamb, cooked today and cheese at teatime. I have replenished the cheese including free-from Wensleydale with cranberries for SWMBO (lactose intolerant) and baby bell for youngest (vegetarian). For me there is Double Gloucester with chives, red Leicester and stilton...and Emmental which is very good when dipped in salad cream. He scoffed the lot on Christmas day, so I will be hiving half the lump off and putting it in a safe place (the man cave as NO ONE sets foot in there without my express permission). Bloody relations...who'd have 'em?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Recently enjoyed a nice piece of Minger.

A local produce, reminiscent of a smelly brie.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KGB_resident The Intelligence Cell 50
CrashTestDummy Cookery 67
RRFHASBEEN Cookery 1

Latest Threads