• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese, cheese!

What's wrong with a Jacobs? Good enough for me Grandad and his mature English cheddar. I prefer either Brie or Camembert with walnuts on my Jacobs. Bath Oliver's very posh but not available in Lidl! =D
They do half decent oatcakes in Lidl ( or is it Aldi) that go well with cheese imho. They do a nice danish blue there too.

Cheese, one of life's great paradoxes, a process that means it should be gopping yet it turns out to be divine.

As for favourite that is hard to say, the posh deli in Wimbledon village sells a beautiful creamy cheddar (not pasteurised of course), I can't remember what it is called but maybe I'll pop by and get some this weekend.

Cheese, one of life's great paradoxes, a process that means it should be gopping yet it turns out to be divine.

As for favourite that is hard to say, the posh deli in Wimbledon village sells a beautiful creamy cheddar (not pasteurised of course), I can't remember what it is called but maybe I'll pop by and get some this weekend.
Could you let me know if you remember the name (and which deli) - I live just down the road.

One of my favorites is the "Dutch Rally Breakfast"
2 slices of fresh dutch white bread with butter, 2 slices of fresh Dutch honey roasted ham, 2 slices of Gouda cheese and a fried egg, make into a sandwich, cut in half and consume with "straight from the brewery" Grolsh.
Fantastic and almost impossible to reproduce accurately in the UK.

I had charcoal cheese for the first time the other day, different doesn't begins to describe it, creamy, like a mild cheddar, suffused with a dry charcoal taste. It was bought at Bury street market. I have not seen it in my area, south Staffordshire.

Could you let me know if you remember the name (and which deli) - I live just down the road.
The deli is Bayley & Sage, (even the names are posh in the Village, no, Wetherspoons, Gregs, McDs, Poundland, 7-11, Costcutters etc. to be found there, no sireee, not allowed) but I can't recall the name of the cheese.

The deli is Bayley & Sage, (even the names are posh in the Village, no, Wetherspoons, Gregs, McDs, Poundland, 7-11, Costcutters etc. to be found there, no sireee, not allowed) but I can't recall the name of the cheese.
No worries. I’ll have a poke around this weekend if I have time. Thank you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
KGB_resident The Intelligence Cell 50
CrashTestDummy Cookery 67
RRFHASBEEN Cookery 1