Cheeky tory bast@rds

We all know how low Mr Howard and kind will go to get votes, but this takes the pi$$

From the BBC

'Granny farming'

Questioned by a BBC reporter, Louise Garrett was asked who she would like to vote for in a General Election she replied that she "didn't really know" and asked if she knew who Prime Minister Tony Blair is she replied that "she had put him to bed".
The 77-year-old, a resident at Park House Home in St Andrews Road, Bedford, assigned her vote to borough councillor Robert Rigby for the local elections
Mr Rigby

As much as I hate BLiar and this government and will still be voting Tory, this sort of behaviour is reprehensible. There can be absolutely no justification for it and I hope that his local party throw the book at him.

Unfortunately, this is common practice and all the parties do it: "Vote early and vote often."

Of course, that the BBC choose to highlight (quel horreur!) the Tories indulging is no surprise, is it?

Electoral fraud is the dirty little secret of UK politics. Activists from every party will be at it tomorrow, as their parliamentary candidates look the other way. Which party benefits from it most, do you think?

V!

Im sorry but maybe its the lack of a brew this early in the day, but can you explain what point your trying to make?

sorry ripper, just didnt understand it. :?

Agent_Smith said:
Im sorry but maybe its the lack of a brew this early in the day, but can you explain what point your trying to make?

sorry ripper, just didnt understand it. :?
In this case I have to agree with Cpl Ripper, if we attack Liarbour for this sort of thing then we also need to attack Tories who do it too. It's underhand (though apparently in this case not illegal) and undermines trust.

I will say it again. what was underhand?

I am most likely staring it in the face but i cant see what you are getting at. :?

Agent_Smith said:

I am most likely staring it in the face but i cant see what you are getting at. :?
It would be fair enough if he was family, or if the lady's family agreed to him being able to use her proxy vote, that is explainable and above board. But from what I understand the poo hit the whirly thing when her family found out about it, that made it, IMO, underhanded.

MikeMcc said:
Agent_Smith said:

It would be fair enough if he was family, or if the lady's family agreed to him being able to use her proxy vote, that is explainable and above board. But from what I understand the poo hit the whirly thing when her family found out about it, that made it, IMO, underhanded.
What I would have said, Irrespective of whichever party did the "knobbling"

If she's unfit to decide to give her proxy vote, she must be unfit to vote If this sort of thing is not illegal, then at least the award of proxy should be witnessed by a professional (as passports)

ahhh, i think i see it now.

The old lady gave her proxy to the tory councillor?

Is there not a rule against giving it to anyone that may benefit from it?

A_S slopes of to shake of his wed morning monghead. :oops:

Agent_Smith said:
ahhh, i think i see it now.

The old lady gave her proxy to the tory councillor?

Is there not a rule against giving it to anyone that may benefit from it?

A_S slopes of to shake of his wed morning monghead. :oops:
Guy's a scumbag.

Edited cos I misread Smiffy's comment. Must be something about Wednesday mornings...

Here's some more cheeky Labour bástards:

http://www.wansdyke.org.uk/page/3/253/
Wansdyke Labour Party reported to Information Commissioner for breach of Data Protection Act

Following a number of complaints from voters and subsequent investigations by Wansdyke Conservatives, the Wansdyke Labour Party has been reported to the Information Commissioner and to the Electoral Commission for a serious breach of the Data Protection Act 1998.

The action follows the distribution recently of a letter purporting to be from an organisation called www.tacticalvoter.net, urging registered voters in Wansdyke to vote for Labour MP Dan Norris in the forthcoming general election.

When the origins of the letter were investigated the Campaign Manager of www.tacticalvoter.net, Jason Buckley, confirmed that the letter was printed and posted by the Wansdyke Labour Party.

This effectively means that the Wansdyke Labour Party acted as an agent of www.tacticalvoter.net.

The letters were personalised and targeted using personal data from the Full Register of Electors; which was provided to the local Labour Party and MP by The Electoral Registration Officers of Bath & North East Somerset and South Gloucestershire Councils. The Electoral Commission makes it clear in its guidance to candidates and parties in receipt of the Full Register that they must not pass on a copy of the register to any other person (or organisation). The Data Protection Act 1998 also makes clear that the sort of personal information used for the targeting and collected by the local Labour Party cannot be passed on to any other person (or organisation), unless with the consent of the voter. This consent was not sought.

“I am deeply concerned that Wansdyke Constituency Labour Party and/or Mr Norris, in their capacity as agents of www.tacticalvoter.net, have accessed personal data that they have no rights of access to”, comments Conservative candidate for Wansdyke Chris Watt. “The Data Protection Act 1998 expressly forbids this.

”The principles enshrined within the Data Protection Act 1998 offer important protections for individuals against the abuse and misuse of their personal data. It is particularly significant that a Member of Parliament may have been involved in breaching those principles when he actually voted for the Act in his capacity as an MP.”

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
UN Lacky The NAAFI Bar 6
vampireuk The NAAFI Bar 105
Cpl_ripper Current Affairs, News and Analysis 22