Cheeky offer

Estate agent calls today to tell us someone has made a "cheeky offer" on our house.
£85k less than the asking price!
Very cheeky I thought.

Estate agent calls today to tell us someone has made a "cheeky offer" on our house.
Very cheeky I thought.
Saying that I offered £80k under the asking price for my current abode and the old lady accepted! Depends on how quick or how much you wish to move.

TB

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Very cheeky I thought.
Christ! If I'd offered £85k below the asking price and had that offer accepted, my house would have cost only £5K!

Saying that I offered £80k under the asking price for my current abode and the old lady accepted! Depends on how quick or how much you wish to move.

TB
Did you avoid or drop a stamp duty band as a result?

If so did those nice people from HMRC send you a letter querying it?

I've heard of people charged with tax evasion for avoiding stamp duty.

Post the details to the Estate agent and we can all make " offers " on here ..... I'm sure no one will take the pish !!!

Did you avoid or drop a stamp duty band as a result?

If so did those nice people from HMRC send you a letter querying it?

I've heard of people charged with tax evasion for avoiding stamp duty.
Well the bungalow had been on for a while so I didn't get a letter but I did avoid the tax duty because of it.

Very cheeky I thought.
I'll up their offer and offer you £90k less, you can't ask fairer than that!

Very cheeky I thought.
Aren't the estate agents contractually obliged to inform you of any offer no matter how bizarre?

Anyway, it's a war of attrition, and the first shots have been fired :nod:

Watch Location,location,Location. It's all about "cheeky" offers, coming in lower to suit purchasers funds etc. If its on telly it must be true, so thats the way it is becoming.

Insider trading, not worth it for them.
I had a mate who worked as an estate agent and where they can sniff a bargain, there are deals done to get property into the hands of people who will be "grateful" to them for the help buying it.

I hope you impishly told him to go and get fucked.
Watch Location,location,Location. It's all about "cheeky" offers, coming in lower to suit purchasers funds etc. If its on telly it must be true, so thats the way it is becoming.
Yep. Last time I sold a house a couple viewed then made a 'cheeky' offer with the rider that this was as far as their budget would stretch (ala Kirstie and Phil). I told the estate agent to inform them that maybe, from now on, they should stick to viewing properties that fell within their budget. It's only a buyer's market if the seller is in a hurry.