Cheeky offer

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by vvaannmmaann, Nov 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Estate agent calls today to tell us someone has made a "cheeky offer" on our house.
    £85k less than the asking price!
    Very cheeky I thought.
  2. Saying that I offered £80k under the asking price for my current abode and the old lady accepted! Depends on how quick or how much you wish to move.

3. Probably the sodding estate agent, or a mate.... scumbags.
  4. Christ! If I'd offered £85k below the asking price and had that offer accepted, my house would have cost only £5K!
  5. Your house is worth whatever someone wishes to pay for it.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Did you avoid or drop a stamp duty band as a result?

If so did those nice people from HMRC send you a letter querying it?

I've heard of people charged with tax evasion for avoiding stamp duty.
  7. Insider trading, not worth it for them.
  8. H3

H3 LE

Post the details to the Estate agent and we can all make " offers " on here ..... I'm sure no one will take the pish !!!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Well the bungalow had been on for a while so I didn't get a letter but I did avoid the tax duty because of it.
  10. I hope you impishly told him to go and get fucked.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. HHH

HHH LE

I'll up their offer and offer you £90k less, you can't ask fairer than that!
    • Like Like x 1

12. Correct!
    there's no glasse's guide for houses ..I think.
  13. Many sellers find themselves being 'guided' by the Estate Agent's local knowledge which, naturally, includes how much he/she stands to gain as a percentage of the sale price.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Very true.However I know the vendors of the property I want to buy will not drop by £85k.
  15. Aren't the estate agents contractually obliged to inform you of any offer no matter how bizarre?

Anyway, it's a war of attrition, and the first shots have been fired :nod: