Checking up on Sy clearance


Had DV but gave it up it after getting out. Held SC by way of work with defence contractor until 14mths ago.

After going back to school, shortly going to start a job where I need vetting again.

Can anyone steer me towards who do I need to speak to check on my status and if needed to getting it renewed?



The DVA, google them. If you've not held your SC clearance in a 12 month period (as in used it in a post) then it may have lapsed.

You can't apply for a renewal. Only a list X company can do that.
As Alber said above contact details at DVA Web site

For all general and vetting enquiries:

Send mail to:
Defence Vetting Agency
Building 107
Imphal Barracks
Fulford Road
York YO10 4AS

Send an e-mail to:
Please refer to 'Contact Us' on the right hand side of this page.

Contact the Customer Help Desk on:
Tel: 01904-662644 Mil T: 94777-2644
Fax: 01904-662765 Mil F: 94777-2765

Our Help Desk operates Monday to Thursday 0800-1700 hrs and Friday between 0800-1500 hrs.
Yup - lapsed. Helpful lass informed me that you get 12 months to transfer clearance from one list X employer to another. If it doesn't happen in that time frame, it lapses automatically.

New paperwork required........

New Posts

Latest Threads