Checking an army number

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to find out as its causing alot of friction amongst friends. the full number is 25087562, i was told he was an wo2 of 9th army core.
ive googled 9th army air corp and i can only find out information from WW2, yet he is only 35
Hmmmmmmm you are changing your information old son....

Want to have a good think to get your facts straight then get back to us?

Im trying to find out as its causing alot of friction amongst friends. the full number is 25087562, i was told he was an wo2 of 9th army core.

Or maybe its you who is causing the friction amongst friends....

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
Service Number - ARRSEpedia

How Army Service numbers work....
Basically 2508 puts him between 1997 to 2001. 14 Years to WO is going some but theoretically possible in a few very specific Corps roles, but not possible in any of the Teeth or Combat Support Arms except the Smurfs. If he started out with a skill like a Paramedic and because of his skill set made it straight to Sergeant. If he can't fly Get some Ketchup and pour it on your trousers, if he screams like a big girl then you'll know.

Hang on a minute. Is his name K*v H***es?

What information am i changing???.
I thought i would try here first to help.
I have contacted sandurst and have left a message for the admin team to contact me back, a conel Crumby.

What information am i changing???.
I thought i would try here first to help.
I have contacted sandurst and have left a message for the admin team to contact me back, a conel Crumby.
You are slipping in extra information when it suits you - lack of attention to detail.

This is nothing to do with the RAF.

Sandhurst has nothing to do with it.

Your general demeanour indicates you are the architect of an extremely poor wah, remove yourself from this site forthwith.

I call WAH.

If his Army number was 2508**** and he made it to SNCO, never mind WO, then he never went through Sandhurst.

If his Army number is 2508**** then he joined at the same time (roughly) as me and I'm nowhere near 16 years.

If his Army number is 2508**** then there's virtually no chance of him making WO rank unless he has a very specific trade skill (even helicopter pilot seems a little fast in that time, can you even join direct as a helicopter pilot?).

If he claims to have served in '9th Army Corps' then he's telling porkies. If you have his claimed unit wrong then he may not be.

I am no part of the army, and do not understand it all.
I am just trying to add the information i have in an attempt it may make sense to someone.
He said that he done his training at Sandhurst - i am here to try and find out information.
I find it wrong that someone is going around making out they are some kind of war hero - surely this pisses the people off who have actually been to war!

2508? Shit, that sounds like a number from the 90s to me. If he's done 16 years, he can only have been out a little while.

Also, it's an OR's number, not an officer's number. On graduation from RMAS, he'd have given you his officer number. I think I'm right in saying that if he was a graduate, he'd never have had an OR's number in the first place, as they train as "commissioned" orificers. There's a million ways to out him if he hasn't served just by asking a few questions about what he did in the Army.
...but there was a short period just before JPA when LEs retained their Arty grid reference rather than be issued an officer's number.

I've just checked, he did a few years with 49 Para, then was PSI for one of the QGR's TA Coys in South London.

Status
Not open for further replies.