Cheating cricketer's 'regrets'

What a tossbag.

The regrets of a cricket match-fixer | IOL

Bodi takes full responsibility for his actions, but admits he is battling to deal with the consequences.

“It really hurts that people only remember Gulam Bodi the match fixer, and not Gulam Bodi the cricketer.

“Now, even the people I hang around with make jokes about it and it hurts. When there is a cricket game on, they will ask me “what’s the result going to be?” I know they’re joking, but it hurts.

“I have learnt that no matter how much good you have done, people will only remember that one bad deed.”

He's a bugger for the obvious, isn't he?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
One goat, and they forget all the good things.

CatsEyes

War Hero
It gets worse for him - I like cricket, but have never even heard of the chap. His only regret is that he was caught (no pun intended).

What a tossbag.

Bodi takes full responsibility for his actions, but admits he is battling to deal with the consequences.

“It really hurts that people only remember Gulam Bodi the match fixer, and not Gulam Bodi the cricketer.

“Now, even the people I hang around with make jokes about it and it hurts. When there is a cricket game on, they will ask me “what’s the result going to be?” I know they’re joking, but it hurts.

“I have learnt that no matter how much good you have done, people will only remember that one bad deed.”

He shouldn't whinge too much. Look what happened to Hansie Cronje.

So the pilot´s of Cronjes plane were ordered to fly it into a mountain to punish him for getting caught match fixing?

That rummour has a few plot holes in it.

happyuk

Old-Salt
Ditto Australian cricket captain Steve Smith.

I guess the lessons (for anyone in a leadership position!) to be gleaned from this appear to be:

If you're going to do something immoral or illegal, don't get a naïve young patsy to do it, do it your bastarding self, otherwise it makes you look like a coward. This is what seems to have upset the Aussies the most.

If you do confess to a crime, resign immediately. You might salvage a few inches of moral high ground which may be respected later.

Why do it at all? The rewards seem minimal compared to the the risks that you lose you career, your money, reputation, every bloody thing - literally.

Ditto Australian cricket captain Steve Smith.

I guess the lessons (for anyone in a leadership position!) to be gleaned from this appear to be:

If you're going to do something immoral or illegal, don't get a naïve young patsy to do it, do it your bastarding self, otherwise it makes you look like a coward. This is what seems to have upset the Aussies the most.

If you do confess to a crime, resign immediately. You might salvage a few inches of moral high ground which may be respected later.

Why do it at all? The rewards seem minimal compared to the the risks that you lose you career, your money, reputation, every bloody thing - literally.
Indeed. Smith should have said words to the effect, "It was my decision, I told Bancroft to do it, he didn't want to and no-one else was involved. I will be stepping down as captain immediately."

E2A: but I think leadership like that went out of fashion some time ago.

Bogie_Bear

War Hero
What a tossbag.

Hitler was a vegetarian, a dog lover and a veteran of the trenches. We seem to forget those admirable aspects of his background :)

Hitler was a vegetarian, a dog lover and a veteran of the trenches. We seem to forget those admirable aspects of his background :)
Hitler also banned hunting. This fact tends to 'conflict' some youngsters as hunting is terrible (according to them) and old Adolf also terrible.

Latest Threads