Cheaper George Boots, Marcella Shirts and Bow Ties

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by Viki_127, Feb 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

While looking for a new mess kit for SB i came across this website the George Boots have been reduced as have the Marcells Shirts and Bow Ties.

Hope i have put this in the right place and it proves usefull!

http://messkitonline.co.uk/

2. It would be nice if they could spell Rwanda in the medal section...

Viki, do you work there?

:wink:

3. Nope as i dont even live in the uk it would be difficult!!!

Just thought they were cheap and i would be nice and share it with you all!

4. Viki's just lovely, aren't you hun?! 8) :wink:

5. V timely thank you Viki, there is something on their list which I had just started looking for. ARRSE to the rescue again!

6. They're about the cheapest ive seen for mess dress unless anyone has seen cheaper ??

7. They're b*ll*cks - all the braided bits of my mess kit came off in the dry cleaners and the boots are cheapo made in some far flung shithole where the gadgers get a bowl of rice a day, if they're lucky! Sorry guys but you only get what you pay for. My best advice to those buying for the first time is speak to your RSM and find out who is the recognised tailor for your Regiment/Corps etc.

8. Guys is this true, are the boots a back of shite?

Just considering buying a pair!

9. With not the slightest interest in profit.

10. bobtheclog said:

They're b*ll*cks - all the braided bits of my mess kit came off in the dry cleaners and the boots are cheapo made in some far flung shithole where the gadgers get a bowl of rice a day, if they're lucky! Sorry guys but you only get what you pay for.

I think you had a bad experience bob. I bought my mess dress from these fellas about 6 years ago and haven't had any dramas with it that weren't self-induced (Guiness, games nights, selling my medals at the bar for more beer etc).

There is the chance that they've decided to follow Uncle Pusser's example and give stuff to the modern soldier that doesn't quite work properly.

11. I was in one of those "McArthur Glen" huge shoppping mall thingies the other day (the one near Imphal Bks, York) and they had a proper Marcella pattern shirt with proper studs down the front for about £14 or £15. Tidy.

PD

12. I Think you got them mixed up with the mess dress .com there a turkish company and everything they sell is cheep!!

13. Sorry dont know about George Boots, Marcella Shirts and Bow Ties but if your looking for Mess Dress, I think the Corps Kit Agency (I got mine for £70 from there and it fitted a treat 'till I entered into the mess social scene - lol) or Ebay are about the best place to pick up cheap mess dress, unless you can find someone leaving the Corp.