Cheaper Fuel

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by FNUSNU, Jan 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So if the MOD signed up en masse with one producer, we could all expect a corporate card as a "perk" and part of our TACOS? Just a thought for any grown ups passing through........

2. Have we got 100,000 left?

3. Ho hum....RN, Army, RAF, MOD Civil Servants..... despite the best efforts of the Treasury, yes.

4. I think that there are enough MOD Civil Servants alone. They outnumber us I believe...

5. Yes, there are more civvies in the MOD than Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen put together! (Can I still say Airmen or does it have to be Airpersons in these PC days??!!?).

6. It would make sense for the MoD to strike a better deal with the fuel companies by providing the troops with a fuel card that it paid back from your wages,much like the Shell agency card but wouls have a limit on, they would be able to negotiate a bigger discount, as they would be buying more fuel and then be able to reduce the amount it has to pay to the claiment for MMA as it would already ahve been subsidised.

I am now waiting for the incoming.

Sparky

7. It has always puzzled me that, as a corporate body, we cannot negotiate bulk deals like that. The problem is probably to do with the Treasury because a "perk" like that would be seen by them to be a benefit and we would be taxed - or the Ministry could not allow its employees to work for those individuals who would benefit.

Just imagine the cost of a PC if you could piggy-back on to the MOD's annual purchase!

Or cars.

Litotes

8. I would rather just have the cheaper fuel

Sparky

9. I also think we should get the same/similar discounts as offered to students as they seem to get them everywhere for being tax-evading scroats! The service people in the US get a lot of good discounts, we should too.

10. Great idea! You'd probably end up spending twice what you would down at PC World though .....

This sort of depends on those who purchase "stuff" actually being good at their jobs. Knowing what we know about government purchasing, do we believe that to be the case?

Your cynically

Fluffy

11. I have just registered as well, in for a penny in for a pound, the money is better off in my pocket than in somebody elses.

Cheers for the info

Sparky

12. Recieved this:

"Dear Members

Just to let you know...

http://www.PipelineCard.org signed up it's 100,000th member over the
    weekend. Well done everybody!

It will still be April or May before we can send cards out, but these
    figures will help to give us the negotiating power that we need to get a
    good discount for everyone.

Best wishes

Ben Scammell - Pipeline Card Founder"

Keep up the good work!

13. I got the same email, i have been telling all my mates to get signed up as well, probably won't get much of a discount, but anything is better than nothing.

Sparky