Cheaper fuel prices, Its up to you !!!!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by pitbull10, Oct 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting 95p a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1 a ltr. Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it... ..

Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8days!!! Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

pit :D :D :D
  2. How many times have we seen this rubbish. It is the government tax on petrol that makes it expensive (and the market price of oil).
  3. I liked it right up to the point at which you suggested going to the supermarkets instead. Who supplies them with fuel in the first place?
  4. 95p a litre? How old is this email?

Oh, and there is a reason why supermarket fuel is cheaper.

Silicon, anyone?
  5. 70% of petrol prices are tax.

That means that to reduce petrol to 69p would involve the petrol companies pretty much not charging anything for their product.
  6. It's 95 pence here at the moment.

I'm pi55ed off that diesel is sold at a higher price than petrol, considering it is cheaper to crack off crude.
  7. Its 93.9p per ltr Here.

If you believe the silicon hype, Shell deliver to are local supermarkets and the three Shell petrol stations, from the same tanker.????
    perhaps they have secret comartments inside the tankers with doggy fuel in it for the supermarkets, that sell more than the main station.

Jump and bandwaggon come to mind.
  8. Here in Moscow 1 Liter costs 40p and more than 50% of the price are taxes.

From your 95p less than 10p go to oil producers. So even 2 fold rise in oil prices should (in theory) lead only to insignifucant rice of fuel prices.

Though governments and oil companies seek any exuse to get more money.
  9. Best we secure some resources under the ice then, hey?
  10. this has been doing the rounds for years.
    one thing though, fuel duty is levied as a percentage of the price of a litre, therefore when Bottler Broon said he was freezing fuel duty a couple of years back that was spin of the highest order, he doesn't need to increase duty, he gets more duty every time the companies have to increase the price due to market forces / whatever.
    another two independant filling stations closed in our area this week. not worth the hassle for 1p per litre profit.
  11. A few years back I was in florida on holiday, The hole of florida was brought to a stand still, Why, The people of florida would not allow a 1 cent increase in fuel charge, by the end of the day they govenor backed down.
    The traffic started to flow again.
    It alway supprises me that the Uk do nothing, the price goes up and we pay, The government payed off the farmers and haulage companys with VED cuts and the protest stopped in the uk, Why because the ordinary driver footed the bill once again.

Comments like the Government put the price up along with opec.
    WTF has that got to do with us putting up with it.
  12. Bl00dy hell its already 98.9p in most places around me with £1 at pumps on the A3 heading in to London.
  13. Out of 95.9p per Litre:

50.5p is Fuel Tax
    16.5p is Value Added Tax (VAT)
    Total = 77p to the Govenment.
    So thats only 18.9p for the Producers and Retailer.

Yes thats 77% Taxation on Money you have already paid Income Tax AND National Insurance on.
    PLUS you pay a premium on all goods to pay for its Transport Fuel Costs as well... Plus of course VAT on top of that again.

So anyone who works pays not once, but three times in Taxation.
    Our poorer friends on benifits still pay Tax, only they do not always realise that!

So we need to keep pressure on Government AND Oil Companies since they will in turn put pressure on the Govenment.

Fuel prices are but one area of higher tax:

Ernst & Young, the accountants, say the overall tax burden will be 37.6% of GDP this year, rising to 37.8% next year and 38% in 2010-1

This will be higher than the 37.7% peak reached in the early 1980s when the top rate of income tax was 60% due to changes from direct to in-direct taxation.

14. my car has run from new for 4 years on Tesco fuel, never a problem.
  15. Pitball10 you don't work for the goverment do you? In the last fuel protests certain newspapers friendly to Bliar had stories about how much money the oil companies were making and that they should reduce the price of petrol whilst completly ignoreing that with out tax its cheaper to buy a litre of petrol then it is a litre of milk