cheap tack or patriotic collectable?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Filbert Fox, Jun 21, 2004.

?
  1. Cheap tack that LNV would buy

83.3%
  2. Godamn, it makes me proud to buy such top quality pap

16.7%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just found this picture on one of LNVs posts at Mil.chod.

[​IMG]

what do you reckon?

2. Wow, didnt know you could still buy "tackywear"

Rincewind

3. Is it a Franklin Mint limited run of 1 000 000, each individualy hand painted by a machine?

MankyMonkey should buy them up for $2.00 each and flog them off in the ARRSE shop for just 10 easy payments of $59.99 plus $59.99 p&p to gullible spams. :D

4. looks like the sort of thing they do spoof ads for in the back of "Viz".

5. Looks like the sort of crap me Gran brings home from Bingo! :x

Do they do them in matching pairs, would make a tastful set of bookends! 8O

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

This is almost as good as the R Lee Ermey 'motivational figure' (=dolly), which speaks, or rather makes those odd 'hooah' noises.

The saluting plastic Marine is on a par with my lurid green wailing mosque alarum clock, the must-have souvenir of Saif Sareea II - do you think LNV would swap? :lol:

7. No deal, the mosque is by far better.

8. Probably manufactured in Hong Kong, by a firm that had 500,000 Gay Action Man dolls that it couldn't shift. A bit like the episode of "Fools and Horses", where Del-boy has thousands of Pope dolls on his hands, and he converts them to Elvis dolls :D .

9. very very tacky , perfect for Blackpool :)

10. Yeah very tacky,however i bet all over the U.S of A proud moms and pops have got one and look at it sayin stuff like "gawd bless billy bob wherever he is"

Normally he`s sat in a P.X. moaning about british squaddies buying anything that moves!!

11. I got my dad one of them. My mum hid it from him after 2 days.

12. :lol: is there a picture of one of them ?

13. Aah the days being woken by a pink variant of the "Mosque Alarm Cloque (sic)".... pure genius!

I want one... any ideas ? (Pink or green, though I have heard that the Minarets are a tad spikey and dangerous! 8O )

14. Not Unless you have a bloody good medium or your thinking of topping yourself. :lol:

15. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Alas, my mosque is currently packed away in a box, or I would oblige with a pic. The minarets are v. fragile, and it is unusual to find an example with both minaret spires and crescent moon intact - fans of Antiques Roadshow will no doubt keep theirs in pristine boxed condition. There are two variants - one has just two 'wails', whilst the one I have was recommended by the shopkeeper because it has the 'full azan', or five different wails.