Cheap Tablet advice

Captain_Crusty

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I am looking at buying a cheap 7 inch tablet for easy internet and email access which I can fit in my pocket.

I have a few requirements:

- front facing camera for skype
- flash enabled
- preferably sd/microsd slot for expandability

I am looking at paying £50-£90.

Any advice gratefully received - willing to wait until Jan sales to get a good deal!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
**deja vu**

I have a Samsung 7 Tab with a 16gb card in and it is BRILLIANT! I have it loaded with books, music, photos and loads of apps (Rum Ration and ARRSE to name but two!) etc. I splashed out and got the pricey but very slim leather case for it, so it sits nicely in my pocket. The mini SD cards are very cheap here too - my 16gb one was 8 euros!

I got it here in Spain, but when home in Glasgow last week saw it in Currys for about 120 quid - worth vey penny! I can also recommend Maccy D and M&S for free WiFi when you are out and about.

What Bettarider said, or Carphone warehouse have a unbranded one for around £50-60, my lad was having a mess with it at the weekend and was quite impressed, not sure of spec though.

Just got one of these for my lad for xmas

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_?k=+NATPC+M009S+RTB+ULTIMATE+7%22%A0&tag=armrumser-21

I took it out of the box for a quick play, and now I want one too.
Its awesome.
£85 and its got the cameras, good processor speed, decent enough RAM , wi-fi, etc.
Seconded. I got one for my weekly commute and it does the job nicely, especially for the price. I use it for ebooks, movies, angry birds and had no problems tethering it to my phone. I would recommend a decent case; they don't like too much abuse.

I bought a Nexus 7, maybe it's not as cheap as you're looking but it's still a great tablet for its price. I've rooted it and flashed a new ROM and kernel. It runs extremely smoothly.

I simply can't trust a brand that I've never heard of, but I don't deny that there are some really great tablets out there from less popular companies.

For example this article that I read a while back, www.mawista.com/blog/en/cheapest-high-quality-laptops-students/, There's an Indian tablet for around 50$, unbelievable!