Cheap places to stay for 3 months in the UK

Discussion in 'Travel' started by apoc, Feb 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good day everyone I'm planning on joining the British army as a Bahamian Citizen (you guys must get this alot) and from what I've read/heard it may take about 8-10 weeks. So I'm just looking for someplace to stay while im applying at the Careers Office. Also on a side note, if any Bahamians or Commonwealth Citizens were able to join the British Army please pm if possible I just have a few questions...thank you.

2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

I'd find a cheap hotel for the first week - even that will be about £40 per night - then find a house share looking for short term stays.

3. Wow you guys don't mess around!! Thanks for the quick reply I truly appreciate it.

4. Youth hostel?

5. Thanks. I checked out the youth hostel and I can book online for 2 weeks only, which isnt bad.

6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Btw ymca does b&b for £29 per night but you have to book well in advance.

7. Might or might not be of help, due to a couple of factors: i) Time of year and ii) Whether my info is current (although I see no reason why it shouldn't be), but:

Some Universities have cheap accommodation through the Summer recess, when all the spotty little oiks are back at Mamma and Pappa's. A fair bit is given out to Conferences and other stuff such as the Open University Summer Rut, but plenty is left empty. I do recall the prices being impressively low, and available to the public. I've not used Campus accommodation but I,ve seen a bit ^_~, and it's not bad. Clean, comfortable (enough) and safe. Plenty of bars and eateries on the doorstep. Just a thought.

8. Middlesbrough.

9. Sounds great ill look into the university option. Does it usually take about that long though...3 months for military acceptance?

10. Im not sure, why dont you ask some of the British born lads that are desperate to join and are patiently waiting.

11. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Ooooh bitchy!!!

12. Lol not here to step on any toes or offend anyone.....try decaf sometimes tho.

13. Try staying at home and give the young lads born here a better chance.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks for the info kind sir

15. Any time