Cheap places to stay for 3 months in the UK

Good day everyone I'm planning on joining the British army as a Bahamian Citizen (you guys must get this alot) and from what I've read/heard it may take about 8-10 weeks. So I'm just looking for someplace to stay while im applying at the Careers Office. Also on a side note, if any Bahamians or Commonwealth Citizens were able to join the British Army please pm if possible I just have a few questions...thank you.

Schaden

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd find a cheap hotel for the first week - even that will be about £40 per night - then find a house share looking for short term stays.

Might or might not be of help, due to a couple of factors: i) Time of year and ii) Whether my info is current (although I see no reason why it shouldn't be), but:

Some Universities have cheap accommodation through the Summer recess, when all the spotty little oiks are back at Mamma and Pappa's. A fair bit is given out to Conferences and other stuff such as the Open University Summer Rut, but plenty is left empty. I do recall the prices being impressively low, and available to the public. I've not used Campus accommodation but I,ve seen a bit ^_~, and it's not bad. Clean, comfortable (enough) and safe. Plenty of bars and eateries on the doorstep. Just a thought.

Sounds great ill look into the university option. Does it usually take about that long though...3 months for military acceptance?

S

syledis

Sounds great ill look into the university option. Does it usually take about that long though...3 months for military acceptance?
Im not sure, why dont you ask some of the British born lads that are desperate to join and are patiently waiting.

DieHard

LE
Book Reviewer
The town or city you stay in will have a big effect on what you pay, as will the time of year.
As stated a few post back you may be able to rent student accommodation in the summer.
If you want i can pm you the contact details of a student accom rental company that my son rents from.
Good luck with your application

Sent by Crapatalk. Sitting on my bog having a dump.

take a bivvy bag and camp in some woods

that way you'll save money and get some inclement weather training in for the future, its a winner all round ^_~

Latest Threads