Cheap Military Flights

A while ago, I remember chatting to a bloke about seeing more of Africa, and I think he mentioned cheaper flights to UK forces hotspots such as Nairobi, Kenya... Anyone know if it's true? Can you hop on RAF flights cheaply if you are currently serving?

A while ago, I remember chatting to a bloke about seeing more of Africa, and I think he mentioned cheaper flights to UK forces hotspots such as Nairobi, Kenya... Anyone know if it's true? Can you hop on RAF flights cheaply if you are currently serving?

Gerge211

Clanker
Probably talking about Indulgence flights. These are standby seats on scheduled RAF flights, you are the lowest category of passenger and can be bumped off the flight at any point, even after the doors have shut if higher priority passengers/freight arrive. The RAF don’t guarantee they will get you home, so you need to have funds to get home if necessary. They used to be booked on a bright yellow RAF form, I think its now done online via DPRC.

Buddy!

War Hero

Stacks of info on MODNET. Search 'Indulgence Flights' or 'Concessionary Travel'. Everything you need is there.

Latest Threads