Cheap Microsoft Office 2007

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by big_bad_bill, Dec 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know if this has been done already but if you go to:

http://sabs.sbl.r.mil.uk

On DII, you can register and receive Office 2007 for £17.31. You need to use your IGS email address ie bigbadbill@land.mod.uk.

Not bad if you like that sort of thing, personally I prefer Open Office for free.

2. I must be doing something wrong because when I registered and looked at buying MS Office it wanted to charge me between £60 - 200 depending on version bought...

3. make sure you click on the "Home Use" picture.

4. Did this a while ago...I struggled to get the price below £200. However, once you click the 'home use' option it does drop to 17 odd quid. Comes in about 2 weeks.

I have found that the 2007 word package is a bit crap compared to the version I use in the office though...just have to get use to the new interface...('don't like it...')

5. That worked. Cheers guys!

6. Just bought this myself (after a friend of mine did'nt have much luck downloading via torrents/newsgroups).

Anyone finding it easy enough to get along with or is it a pain ? I have just downloaded a trial copy so Mrs_SC can crack on with invoices etc but Word just looks weird and I am struggling even to change my preferences on the font to the standard template !

7. Have you tried open office for windows?
    I have it, it does all the microsoft malarky and is compatable with all microsoft packages.
    You can set up PDF's, powerpoint presentations, excel etc and its totally free.
    Linky

http://download.openoffice.org/

8. Ordered my copy a few weeks ago and am still waiting . Though it did say on the site that they were bogged down with orders .

9. Has anybody checked with the Brand Protection department at Microsoft, Reading, that this software is genuine and not counterfeit?

10. Or you can pm me and I'll send you the whole .rar Office file free of charge + serial codes.

11. You got a pm :twisted:

12. Oh yes. First call of the day. Number 1 on the speed dial. :roll:

13. msr

msr LE

It is part of the Microsoft Home Use Program, so is therefore entirely kosher.

msr

14. For the home use version you state that you are a true user at work and are buying a second copy for your home use. The price is valid for 1 copy. Other prices are discounts.

In older versions you were allowed a free second installation for either a laptop or home PC - provided you were the main/only work user and were taking a 'sole use' second copy.