• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Cheap Microsoft Office 2007

I don't know if this has been done already but if you go to:

http://sabs.sbl.r.mil.uk

On DII, you can register and receive Office 2007 for £17.31. You need to use your IGS email address ie bigbadbill@land.mod.uk.

Not bad if you like that sort of thing, personally I prefer Open Office for free.

I must be doing something wrong because when I registered and looked at buying MS Office it wanted to charge me between £60 - 200 depending on version bought...

Did this a while ago...I struggled to get the price below £200. However, once you click the 'home use' option it does drop to 17 odd quid. Comes in about 2 weeks.

I have found that the 2007 word package is a bit crap compared to the version I use in the office though...just have to get use to the new interface...('don't like it...')

That worked. Cheers guys!

Just bought this myself (after a friend of mine did'nt have much luck downloading via torrents/newsgroups).

Anyone finding it easy enough to get along with or is it a pain ? I have just downloaded a trial copy so Mrs_SC can crack on with invoices etc but Word just looks weird and I am struggling even to change my preferences on the font to the standard template !

Ordered my copy a few weeks ago and am still waiting . Though it did say on the site that they were bogged down with orders .

big_bad_bill said:

On DII, you can register and receive Office 2007 for £17.31. You need to use your IGS email address ie bigbadbill@land.mod.uk.

Not bad if you like that sort of thing, personally I prefer Open Office for free.
Has anybody checked with the Brand Protection department at Microsoft, Reading, that this software is genuine and not counterfeit?

Trackpen said:
big_bad_bill said:

Has anybody checked with the Brand Protection department at Microsoft, Reading, that this software is genuine and not counterfeit?
Oh yes. First call of the day. Number 1 on the speed dial. :roll:

Trackpen said:
big_bad_bill said:

It is part of the Microsoft Home Use Program, so is therefore entirely kosher.

msr

msr said:
Trackpen said:
big_bad_bill said:

It is part of the Microsoft Home Use Program, so is therefore entirely kosher.

msr
For the home use version you state that you are a true user at work and are buying a second copy for your home use. The price is valid for 1 copy. Other prices are discounts.

In older versions you were allowed a free second installation for either a laptop or home PC - provided you were the main/only work user and were taking a 'sole use' second copy.

You can install this on one PC at home pluse a mobile device according to the EULA on the disc (on the back of the box it says only on one PC). I installed it on my home desktop and laptop and registered both with no problems what so ever. I like it and my wife thinks its much better than Office 2003 which we previously used.

For £17 you'd be a fool not to buy it really...

UPDATE: you can now get Office 2010 for only £8.95 as an immediate download with the option to install on more than one machine. Got it yesterday and it works like a dream.,.

UPDATE: you can now get Office 2010 for only £8.95 as an immediate download with the option to install on more than one machine. Got it yesterday and it works like a dream.,.
Where 'more than one' = 2.

msr

But does it though? I have installed it on my desktop and laptop but was going to attempt to install it on a netbook also. 2007 was only supposed to be licensed for one machine but I managed to install it on 5. I'll report back later when I've given it a go.

I've also got this link but yet to install however I find it hard to believe it is valid on more than 2 systems due to COA issue's

Msr can this be right???