Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cheap Gaming PC? Under £30 to you

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
streaming is a passive activity, and as such, as long as there are no interruptions in the data stream, a lag of a couple of tenths of a second between the sender and receiver will go unnoticed for the most part.

however, you try playing COD if there was a lag of half a second or so between what you see on the screen and what is actually happening in the game world, and see how far you get.

streaming is a passive activity, and as such, as long as there are no interruptions in the data stream, a lag of a couple of tenths of a second between the sender and receiver will go unnoticed for the most part.

however, you try playing COD if there was a lag of half a second or so between what you see on the screen and what is actually happening in the game world, and see how far you get.
FFS....who is talking about streaming? I even spend some time checking this shit as part of my general TS.

1553195322813.png

Once you go to button mashing you join the ranks of the hard of thinking.

The fact that you’re critisizing JNM in the post above where he is stating that latency and ping are what is important for online gaming.

Or have I misinterpreted?
I'm criticising him for dismissing Shadow out of hand without ever having used it. And introduced the Google Stadia box as an example of where it's going.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
FFS....who is talking about streaming? I even spend some time checking this shit as part of my general TS.

View attachment 383651

Once you go to button mashing you join the ranks of the hard of thinking.

you did when you compared this to spotify. and what people have said is, the one can't really be compared to the other, as Spotify is pretty straightforward technically, and any lag doesn't particularly make it unusable as long as there are no interruptions in the data. which is not the case with cloud gaming, but you seem to be convinced you know better.

you did when you compared this to spotify. and what people have said is, the one can't really be compared to the other, as Spotify is pretty straightforward technically, and any lag doesn't particularly make it unusable as long as there are no interruptions in the data. which is not the case with cloud gaming, but you seem to be convinced you know better.
And I told you immediately after that Spotify was an example of a startup being a game changer in its field. It didn't have to be Spotify, it could have been Uber or any other startup.

You've insisted on staying with streaming and repeating the same argument, god knows why.

You know better than Google?

JNM

War Hero
And I told you immediately after that Spotify was an example of a startup being a game changer in its field. It didn't have to be Spotify, it could have been Uber or any other startup.

You've insisted on staying with streaming and repeating the same argument, god knows why.

You know better than Google?
Google starts shit that’ll never work but they hope might lead to something because they have the money to do so. They kill 90% of their projects. Just look at glass.

Google starts shit that’ll never work but they hope might lead to something because they have the money to do so. They kill 90% of their projects. Just look at glass.
90%? Got the data? Was Glass a technical failure?

Glass was just a dumb idea. Google dumps a lot of projects.
<Sigh>
90%? Got the data?

Was Glass a technical failure?

If you avoid answering it's because either you don't know or do and don't want to be honest.

Latest Threads